Arena - A Beginner's Guide

Okay, thanks to Andy posting a YouTube vid the other day, I’ve been checking out some Arena stuff and like what I hear. I know absolutely nothing about them. - Just wondering if any fans of them out there can recommend 3 albums to start me off? What should I look out for? Best tracks and suchlike…

2 Likes

Well, like you it’s thanks to Andyboy that I got to know Arena.
For some reason my favourite’s “The Visitor”.

2 Likes

The Visitor is a great album. Try “Inmortal” too. But I think, the best way to start is with Pride and Songs from The Lions Cage.

Tracks?:
Jericho
Solomon
Medusa
Fools Gold
Sirens
The Hanging Tree
In the blink of an eye
The Butterflyman
Moviedrome

3 Likes

Indeed - Immortal? , The Visitor and the Live & Life albums I’d recommend to anyone testing the water Paul.

Have a look on this site Paul its superb, it’ll tell you all you need to know. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. Three albums arrived today, so I’ll have a good old listen this evening. :smiley:

Which Albums did you get? Thoughts?

My personal favourite is their most recent - The Seventh Degree Of Separation. Pepper’s Ghost and The Visitor are close seconds.

The drummer’s not bad, is he? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit:Just discovered they’ve released a new album - anybody given it a spin yet?

Yes and I think its the best album they’ve done in a while, it took a while to get into, but I love it now.
Well worth a purchase.

So? Which ones did you get @Arcade and what did you think ?

1 Like

Oh, I plumped for the first three studio albums Zaz. Thought it better to start at the beginning. - Up to now, I think The Visitor is my personal favourite. - Will probably buy the rest of their discography at some stage. :grin: :cd:

3 Likes