Best Fish-era Marillion bonus disc

I’m referring to the 2CD 1997-1999 remasters by EMI which has a bonus CD exclusively for these albums:

Script for a Jester’s Tear

Market Square Heroes (Battle Priest Version)
Three Boats Down from the Candy
Grendel (Fair Deal Studios Version)
Chelsea Monday (Manchester Square Demo)
He Knows You Know (Manchester Square Demo)
Charting the Single (Alternative Version)
Market Square Heroes (Alternative Version)

Fugazi

Cinderella Search (12" version)
Assassing (Alternate Mix)
Three Boats Down from the Candy (1984 Re-recording)
Punch and Judy (Demo)
She Chameleon (Demo)
Emerald Lies (Demo)
Incubus (Demo)

Misplaced Childhood

Lady Nina (Extended 12" Version)
Freaks (Single Version)
Kayleigh (Alternative Mix)
Lavender Blue
Heart of Lothian (Extended Mix)
Pseudo Silk Kimono (Demo)
Kayleigh (Demo)
Lavender (Demo)
Bitter Suite (Demo)
Lords of the Backstage (Demo)
Blue Angel (Demo)
Misplaced Rendezvous (Demo)
Heart of Lothian (Demo)
Waterhole (Expresso Bongo) (Demo)
Passing Strangers (Demo)
Childhoods End? (Demo)
White Feather (Demo)

Clutching at Straws

Incommunicado (alternative version)
Tux On
Going Under (extended version)
Beaujolais Day
Story from a Thin Wall
Shadows on the Barley
Sunset Hill
Tic-Tac-Toe
Voice in the Crowd
Exile on Princes Street
White Russians (demo)
Sugar Mice in the Rain (demo)

6 Likes

Has to be the Clutching bonus for me, albeit that it’s with a touch of sadness that I listen to it. What might have been! - Think it gives a really good insight into how the next album was going though, and it’s also really interesting to listen to how bits of those tracks were cut and pasted into other songs. A very interesting bonus disc!

5 Likes

All those little demos coming from a single cassette found in a biscuit tin! :smiley:

Mine would have to be Misplaced bonus disc, because all the demos flow in such a seamless way and it has that certain grainy quality that adds to it’s charm.

1 Like

the clutching bonus disc for me:very interesting indeed…it shows what could have been the next masterpiece of Marillion with Fish…if…if…but that’s history :wink:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

For me the clutching bonus cd. Love the gems!

Certainly the CaS bonus disc. With Misplaced a very close second.

CaS has all of those unfinished tracks that it almost stands out as an album in its own right! Plus the additional tracks from the album itself makes it a real gem.

I agree with what was said about Misplaced Childhood though. Having a full demo version of the album is a real treat too. (“Kayleigh, we can mow the lawn on Sundays”!) :laughing:

Notable mentions, of course, are the bonus tracks on Fugazi and Script. The full 12" version on Cinderella Search being very welcome along as well as versions on Market Square Heros. Where would we be without the track that kicked it all off?

3 Likes

I agree with what was said about Misplaced Childhood though. Having a full demo version of the album is a real treat too. (“Kayleigh, we can mow the lawn on Sundays”!) laughing

aliiii

Has to be the Clutching bonus songs
Defo “What might have been!” as said by ARCADE

1 Like

Definitely the Clutching bonus disc. I always thought it odd that the official Grendel B Side wasn’t featured on the Script bonus disc.