Blasts From The Past

This is a thread for all those old songs and music videos that remind you of moments in your childhood. Regardless of whether you like or hate those songs now, there are many that conjour up the memories of youth and send you back to those carefree times when the summers were always hotter and the days longer.

I’ll start with this one…

2 Likes
1 Like

This song gets on my tits now, but it always reminds me of a family holiday on the Pembrokeshire Coast. Weird.

1 Like
2 Likes

God, this brings back memories! - Notice where some of this was filmed Zaz?!

3 Likes

Yes Paul! In fact I saw this video for the first time a couple of years ago!
Funny cause this song means a lot to me, it’s one of my favourite songs from when I was a kid and it was played all over the radio on my very first trip to England when I came to Barnsley! And they shot the video in a very dear place to me :grin::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Funny thing you started this thread because I just thought back the old forum and a thread with the same idea when I drove to work this morning! :astonished:

The first song which came to mind in the morning was this :grin:

1 Like
1 Like

Haha. Me and Jason Baxter in our second year at primary school used to sing this walking to school.

1 Like

:sunglasses:

1 Like

1 Like

my father’s favourite singer…used to listen to him a lot when I was little

1 Like

2 Likes

this song reminds me when I was singing it in the car on our way to holidays:I was 8 or 9 maybe

1 Like

Pre-Eurythmics. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nobody said these blasts from the past had to be good!

2 Likes

Sorry…

Edit: There was a Russ Abbot music video inserted here, but I regretted it as soon as I posted it. It might be a blast from the past, but I can’t inflict that memory on anyone.