Edinburgh gig Weltschmerz tour, March 28, 2020

We will sort you out mate. No worries.

1 Like

Where are you staying?

That Travelodge where Rab’s staying.

1 Like

You`re sorted then. Around the corner from some of us at Premier Inn. All will be well.

1 Like

173 sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps!:grin:

5 Likes

Which one? I have considered one as well and even tried to make a reservation but there was a problem and I couldn’t finish it. The message was: “PA0003: The service has faced an unrecoverable and unexpected error, and is not able to produce a protocol compliant response.”

Maybe have to try later.

Premier Inn Royal Mile ( 33 East Market Street ) - rooms available for Saturday 28th March at £85 ( no refund ) £125 ( can cancel up until 13:00 on day due to stay ).

Paul and Rab are in Travelodge in St Marys Street, down Royal Mile and turn right. Not far from the Premier Inn. 15 - 20 minute walk at most to venue.

1 Like

Just thought, as you might be there a few nights the rate may vary for different nights.

Hi Lauri,
I first booked this (cancelled to book a hotel close to the venue) : Aparthotel Adagio Edinburgh Royal Mile
Seems nice, still available.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip Marie. It looks nice but I want a hotel with a breakfast because I am always hungry when I wake up. :smile:

I just made a booking after difficulties. The payment just didn’t succeed via computer although I tried three different browsers! Then I uploaded an app to my smart phone and it worked!

So we are staying at Premier Inn Lauriston Place. I liked the sound of that name, so it was the main reason for our selection. :rofl:

The other reason was that it seems to be in a quiet place. I don’t like very central hotels. It is not too far though, even to the venue or central.

5 Likes

Must admit, I like a breakfast when I’m away. Prefer a homely B&B, but on this occasion I just want to go as cheap and central as possible! I’ll probably end up in the nearest Wetherspoon’s for breakfast, as at least I’m going to get something vegan there.

3 Likes

If this B&B would have been a little closer to the center I would have booked it right away! https://www.ardnasaid.co.uk/

Absolutely charming looking and sounding place.

2 Likes

Now that looks great! Stayed in a nice B&B last time I was there. It wasn’t miles away from the centre, but it was a little out of the way and we got continually lost trying to get back in the dark through alleyways.

A bit of a f*ck up by me.

I’ve been waiting on flights as i didn’t want to buy a ticket but then not go to Edinburgh. Flybe flights from Cardiff are still only showing dates up to March 28th, so i can book my flight up but still no return flight options available for the Sunday.

Because i’ve been holding back, tickets are now sold out - even on seetickets.com which did have some left when Queens Hall had sold theirs.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Though i’ve not yet ruled out flying up without a ticket just to have a couple of nights in Edinburgh.

ah this sucks. hope you find a ticket.
Crap situation flight wise for me too. No direct flights, not only I’ll end up taking 4 planes which is coming to a little fortune for just 2 days but also the travelling times are ridiculous :poop:

Will that situation possibly change, or are 4 flights the only option?

Unfortunately it is the only option. There are no direct flights to EDI.

Was the same here. We are flying to EDI via Munich and back via Cologne.

:confused:
Have you checked the flights though CRL or BRU ?
To go it can be an option, i think for the return it cant be possible because the flight is on sunday evening.

1 Like

No not yet :persevere: I haven’t had the time to continue anything since the other day. I’ve got family to entertain until tuesday. Hopefully next week…

1 Like