Hobbies, Interests and Pastimes

Well if Americans made it up, it’s certainly not English.

2 Likes

Brought back from the office yesterday (not available in France)

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Don’t they drink cider in France?

Yes we do but a real one :blush:

1 Like

The last one…an English single malt whisky from Barrington park farm

3 Likes

2 Likes

:open_mouth:

1 Like

My new acquisition of last week

2 Likes

It’s not really a hobby as such anymore, as I never have the time or enthusiasm for drawing, but I was sorting out the attic the other week and came across my portfolio containing these illustrations I did well over 25 years ago! I used to be in the Tolkien Society, and submitted several of these to their monthly magazine, which got published. Nearly everything I did back then was either fantasy or sci-fi themed. Some look a bit amateurish to me now and I’d probably do them very differently now. Some of the hands in particular are really bad.

9 Likes

Fantastic illustrations Paul. :+1:

1 Like

You are very self critical Paul. They’re brilliant. What did you draw them with (what medium?)
They almost look computerized!

1 Like

Could have done the covers for Gentle Giant albums.

1 Like

Thanks. I just used to use a mixture of black pens, including bog-standard biros. The second one from bottom was all biro if I remember rightly. I don’t think computers were invented back then! :laughing:

2 Likes

Brilliant Paul…you’re an artist !

1 Like

Used to be! :laughing:

Did you scan these from original drawings? They are bloody awesome. Why did you stop? You obviously have a natural talent and must have had a real passion to be this good.

1 Like

Cheers Mike. Appreciate that. Believe it or not, I just put the drawings on the table in good light and took photos of them with my phone, before cropping around them. Surprised they look as clear as they do!

Art, photography etc. you are wasted in a supermarket mate. Get back into this stuff and you could make a living doing something you have a talent for and really enjoy. Worth looking at small business start up?
Only thing might be though is that we would see less of your posts in the Things That Annoy Us thread about arsehole managers, work shy colleagues and the great unwashed on the buses.:smiley:

6 Likes

Brilliant drawings mate, your in the wrong job, you could be living abroad in sunnier climes making a packet doing caricatures lol…

2 Likes

Cheers Rab. Appreciate that, though that ship has long since sailed (and sank)

1 Like