Kate Bush - Before the Dawn

I must admit I was very surprised at the setlist, as I’ve read, so were a lot of others !!

I thought everyone knew that the ninth wave was in, Kate announced that early on when people were apparently upset by the promo image.

I’m making a big effort to no know what’s going on at all.

So you’ve actually spoiled it for me :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m going to get the internet police onto you.

1 Like

You’ll do well not knowing John, its all over the press !!

1 Like

Bah! Someone just told me some more stuff this weekend.

Not long to go!

John you need to take enough supplies and go and hide yourself away from the outside world for a wk and a bit :slight_smile:

I was speaking to someone at the weekend who went and they said it was an amazing experience , not just the music but the theatrical side of the show as well . :grinning:

1 Like

Apparently a couple of the gigs are to be filmed this week (16/17th) for a future dvd/cd release .

1 Like

Less than a week to go!

1 Like

Three dates are allegedly being filmed 16th 17th and 19th however there has been no official announcements all reports are based on a couple of emails allegedly sent by Eventim informing a couple of people they are being moved to other seats.
Lets hope it’s true though :slight_smile:

Yeah I’ll be filming it on the 19th , as I don’t poccess an Iphone I’m allowed !!!
Kate said she doesn’t mind singing to a Samsung Galaxy S :wink::wink::wink::smiley::smile::smiley:
Only joking of coarse, I hope people respect her wishes .

I think that she’s against recording because people are looking through screens on their phones.

Now, a selfie stick is a different matter altogether… :see_no_evil:

Only 2 days to go and still no word on the ticket ??? HELLO JOHN :wink:

Here we are! Looking forward to a great gig with @Teddynonose, @Andyboy67 and @ulrichs. Oh, and Kate Bush too.

4 Likes

What can I say except “Wow”.

A musical and visual feast. I don’t want to give anything away in case anyone else is planning for see her, so I’ll just state “If that ain’t prog, I’ll eat my left arm.”

4 Likes

I think that was exactly what I said!

1 Like

It was rather good wasn’t it :wink:

2 Likes

It was! If I had words to describe, I’ll write it down here. TNN said on FB:

[quote=“TNN”]Wow. What a gig, I can’t remember being in an audience where there was so much love for an artist. Every song was applauded loudly with a standing ovation.
Kate Bush does what she wants. She still has a fantastic voice. Eccentric, uncompromising, theatrical and slightly mad…
Those hoping to hear back to back hits would have been disappointed. Instead we had songs mainly from two albums. Hounds of Love and Aerial all played, sung and acted brilliantly. The Ninth Wave was fantastic. Hairs on the back of my neck.
What will she do next???[/quote]

Unbelievable, amazing, breathtaking,…

2 Likes

I think that the key thing was that, in reflection, I found myself transfixed on what was going on in front of me.

My eyes were locked on the stage as the performance unfolded. I didn’t want to miss a beat.

Sometimes at a rock concert you just close your eyes and get into the music - but here the show demanded so much more. And if you let yourself focus and enjoy the performance - you were rewarded many times over.

2 Likes

One of the most pleasing moments for me was kates reaction to the crowds response after the opening song, she seemed genuinely taken aback, and also I’ve never heard anyone who says the word “Shit” sound so sexy !! :heart_eyes:as she described her band as being “Shit Hot” :wink::blush:

3 Likes

I moved a post to an existing topic: The Kate Bush topic