Last ever Marillion-Fish era video

So back in 18/06/1988, on Marillion’s second to last show with Fish they, played on Radrennbahn Weissensee - East-Berlin

And this video shows the last song of the last show with Fish that we have footage of

They played Market Square Heroes and Let’s Twist Again (In my opinion one of the best versions of MSH)

Here it is: Marillion - Market Square Heroes (Live) - YouTube

I will still be searching for some footage of their last show, but here are some photos though:

1 Like

That isnt Craigtoun Park.:slight_smile:

1 Like

This is Waldbhune, Berlin, Germany 26/6/86
As Fish states Berlin at end of gig and this was the only tour they done the Twist again/MSH Medley.

Terrific Live version and the best I think I have seen captured on video.

Thanks Andre (Mr Kreutzmann ?) :wink:

1 Like

Srry I meant Radrennbahn Weissensee - East-Berlin, East Germany. This WAS where they played their second last show with fish

Lol wtf I meant Radrennbahn Weissensee - East-Berlin, East Germany.
Thank you though, I fixed it

1 Like

No, it’s actually
18.06.1988 - Radrennbahn Weissensee - East-Berlin, East Germany (Friedenswoche der Berliner Jugend)
as according to the Marillion setlists website

1 Like

Yep, I fixed it, it’s actually Radrennbahn Weissensee - East-Berlin

1 Like

The crowd at Craigton Park near St Andrews, Scotland in July `88 was much smaller than this. This was to do with the terrible weather over that whole weekend/ actual set up and size of venue. Part of an event called Fife Aid an ecological awareness raising festival. Marillion headlined the Saturday night, going onstage after Runrig. Many other acts appeared such as Van Morrison, John Martyn and John Wetton ( King Crimson, Roxy Music, UK, Asia etc. ).

I live not far from Craigton Park. My brother, his friend and myself camped over that weekend at the festival. It missed out on recognition as a festival when TV broadcasting for the event was pulled a matter of days before. Despite many name artists being on the bill, that and adverse weather meant it was not a great success.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was at the Fife Aid gig - they opened with Slainte Mhath if I remember rightly