New releases coming up

I agree if you’re getting lots of extra material including docus. By and large though, the vast majority of special editions aren’t anywhere near the quality and value of CAS.

Just my own personal perspective really. Wasted enough money in the past on buying ‘remasters’ of albums I already own. These artists are rich enough.

3 Likes

Tool new album.

It’s taken them 13 years but apparently there is now a release date of August 30th for an as yet untitled album.

1 Like
3 Likes

And Rodney Matthews is doing the cover artwork again :+1::wink:

1 Like

New double cd from IQ in September :+1:

1 Like

Good to here! Any chance to preorder?

https://www.iq-hq.co.uk/

:sunglasses:

released on Oct 25th

Tool has been pre order on Amazon for the past few weeks as either a download or a limited edition cd @ £79.

Still no mention of a standard, reasonably priced cd.

1 Like

Bent Knee - You Know What They Mean

Yep…strange…

I wasn’t blown away by his first solo album, so didn’t plan to buy this. However, i’ve just listened to the first released song, and it’s ok.

Similar style to the last Pineapple Thief cd.

I’ve cut back on my cd purchases recently as i’m going further overdrawn with my bank every month, however i’d quite like all of these new releases in the next couple of months :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Tool - Fear Inoculum
Klone - Le Grande Voyage
Opeth - In Cauda Venenum
Bent Knee - You Know What They Mean
Mark Lanegan - Somebody’s Knocking
Bruce Soord - All This Will Be Yours

1 Like

I think I’ve reached a saturation point, where I feel I don’t want or need any new music. There’s a couple of artists I like who have new albums out next year, but other than that I’ve no preorders and no interest in looking for other bands to get into. I can only digest so much music and the amount of stuff I own but never play is just silly!

I reckon my album count must be into the high hundreds, if not a thousand+

6 Likes

not original at all…quite disappointed !

There are only so many hours in the day to listen right? But I keep finding ‘new’ bands I missed or I find myself revisiting music from bands I only gave a fleeting listen to when I was growing up. I have my firm favourites but as I have matured my music taste has too, which means I listen to more variety (but still within the same genre). More variety means more buying potential to feed the passion :wink: I enjoy buying music, it’s a hobby!

6 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting there was anything wrong with buying new stuff, if it’s a passionate hobby. For me, I just feel I’ve covered all my bases and have a pretty varied collection across genres. I have so much that I’ve maybe only listened to a few times because once I find my favourites they dominate my play time.

I’d much rather revisit the stuff I own, rather than adding yet more CDs. I’m not saying I’ll never buy into new discoveries, but my wallet would be happy not to.

3 Likes

Kinda no what you mean, but when you`ve got an itch you need to scratch it. I probably buy less nowadays too but will still go into Record&CD shops ( the few that are left ) for a rummage.

2 Likes