Poll: The Most Loved Fish Album

For me it has to be Feast, in my opinion his best work to date, closely followed by 13th Star :+1:

3 Likes

I’m quite surprised that Sunsets hasn’t sneaked a vote or 2 in yet !!?

1 Like

By that reckoning, the next album should will be even better!

1 Like

Stiff competition, I believe. I also had a hard time to choose only one but I ended up with 13th Star because it got so close to me when it came out. I remember reading the lyrics from Fish’s e-mails before the album was out and I had same kind of feelings at that time, so for personal reasons I choose this way now. Of course the music on the album is also first class!

3 Likes

You’re all so predictable!! :wink:

Always top three for me, but it’s up against strong competition.

1 Like

No love For Fellini Days?

Whatever… its a tossup between Vigil and Feast for me. His first and most recent, nearly a quarter of a century apart and I can’t make my mind up? That’s the mark of a truly excellent artist.

4 Likes

A surprising ‘Internal Exile’ for me.

I guess I’m too close to FOC to place that in 1st place - and whilst I feel FOC is his most outstanding work - I’d be lost without Internal Exile.

1 Like

I could have chosen “13th star” as well…this album knocked me down when I first listened to it!!!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Raingods! Very difficult choice, but Plague of Ghosts is a masterpiece and Raingods gets my choice for this song alone. It makes the hairs on the back of my arms stand up.

5 Likes

totally agreed Alan:“plague of ghosts” is one of the most incredible songs I’ve ever heard!!!..timeless!

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

brilliant music from the big man vigil is the best & view from a hill the best track

1 Like

C’mon someone. Sunsets deserves a few votes! Great and powerful album.

I’d put it in my Top3, but behind Vigil & Feast .

Voted for Feast. Because i honestly think, after over a year listening to it, it’s Fish best work ever. Vigil, Sunset and maybe even Internal are great albums too, but Feast has it all: Great songwriting, great arrangements, a great atmosphere and a superb Production (which to be honest, many Fish albums lacked a bit).

1 Like

Very very tough choice but it had to be Raingods

2 Likes

Sunsets on Empire still blows my mind and is one of those “soundtrack of my life” type of albums. Second would’ve been Raingods and third, Vigil.

But I must admit I haven’t heard all of the albums.

3 Likes

It’s Vigil that’s top for me - I like most of the tracks on it but “Gentlemen’s Excuse Me” is just exquisite.
Sunsets on Empire is a very close second.

I could never get into Raingods and I am struggling to enjoy Feast for the same reason.

2 Likes

Going for Dark Star in strong competition with Feast & Vigil.
Dark Star has a very special feel about it,could be it also was released at a period in my life where I could relate to so many of the lyrics. That aside its also the most heavy and progressive of all of the albums. I love this album…Manchmal!

I definitely feel strongly for 13th Star. I just listened to it this weekend as it happens. It’s easy to forget how powerful these tracks are.

A Feast of Consequences was my preferred choice in the end - but Vigil, Fellini Days and 13th Star are all up there too.

2 Likes