Shut down of The Union

If you want to take over the running costs and designate someone as admin to manage it, I am fine with that. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m just mindful for you guys it’s a long-time commitment and relatively pricey. I’ve been happy to shoulder the cost as part of the work I’m doing for the big guy. I’m not doing it now, and I’m winding down various bits and pieces. Unfortunately he didn’t see the point alongside the FB forum so I had to be realistic.

I think you are all the best at deciding - and if you want to take it on then good on you :grin:

1 Like

I have no time left for that, sorry, though I would have been pleased to help and give time.
I just can’t.

I just thank you for your help and time you gave those past years.

So you wouldn’t be the administrator John? :confused:
Or you mean you would if everyones agrres to designate you as the admin?
Soz I don’t understand.
I’m definitely not commiting to being an admin.

I never assumed you’d want me to continue to do the admin stuff. :rofl:

1 Like

Well…why not??? Would you be up for it John in all honesty? Or not?
Unless someone else wants to ?

1 Like

I’d happily do it. I just appreciate that I haven’t been very present lately.

2 Likes

Not a problem John. You’re part of the Company!!!
And again I’m not sure if you’ve been paying the fees yourself and I totally understand you stepping back from it, it shouldn’t have happened like this.

In that case it would be perfect wouldn’t it?

Now all we have to know is if everybody on here, as in the regular posters, agrees to contribute to this forum.

And John would you make this Forum private from now on?

2 Likes

It’s $20 a month so if you want to round up everyone and decide how much it is split, and then decide if you still want to go ahead I will leave that in your capable hands.

:+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

That’s fine by me, if you’re happy to do that John.
2 quid a month between us regular users , thats less than a costalot coffee . :wink:

5 Likes

Noooo, just seen the news. I don’t come here as often as I used to but it’s been part of my life as it has to all of you.

Because of the site I got to meet Andy at a number of gigs and a few at Leamington.

5 Likes

Trying to catch up on the thoughts of everyone re. the Forum. I am happy to maintain the Status Quo or as near as and contribute in some way. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s input. I am hearing you all loud and clear - you want this forum to remain as it is if possible.

So… I’m proposing a way people can contribute without any messyness.

I’ll set up a page on Patreon that will allow anyone to sign up and commit to a monthly contribution of their own choice. As long as we hit the target payment each month then I’ll continue to handle payments to the provider. If it dips down then we can discuss.

Contributors will get a special role here and access to a private category.

There’s a suggestion that the board becomes member only. I’m happy for contributors to discuss that and make a decision at that point.

I’ll make sure the provider is paid this month anyway. Future contributions will be on the 1st if each month (that’s when Patreon does its payment cycle). Once it’s set up I’ll pin a new topic with details.

If you plan to contribute then please :heart: this post.

7 Likes

So there’s no way to make a 20€ contribution all at once? It has to be each month??

Hi John,
There is no option on that point for me : if this forum was meant to disappear from public eyes, then it should. And if it stays alive, for, and with us, then it has to turn private.

1 Like

Private’s fine by me.
As a friend of my once described Google+, “Social media for the anti-social” - Perfect, as far as I’m concerned! :wink:

1 Like

What happens with the URL and Forum name/links to the shop etc? All that will be changed presumably?

I’ll check with Fish. As long as he keeps the domain, then I’m sure he wouldn’t mind the subdomain being used.

It’s easier on people’s wallets, and would be automatic. It seems the easiest approach.

2 Likes

It’s tricky, isn’t it ? This would mean in a way he keep the responsibility.
On Patreon, it will be named to Fish ?

1 Like

I honestly don’t mind what it’s called. I was just curious.

1 Like