Some gigs coming up

At the time of ticket sales we had received an inheritance. Bought tickets to have something to look ahead to after a trying time. Anyways, I`m with most folks here who would not pay over the odds usually.
I think I have seen everyone of the big hitters from days gone by that I would want to see now. Last nights gig was outstanding and provided me with so many links and memories from the past / growing up. :smile:

3 Likes

Yesterday my mate was trying to persuade me to fork out £120 to see The Eagles. I declined, that’s six other gigs. Don is the only original left, they haven’t released any new music in about 13 years, they’re a heritage band with no current relevance

2 Likes

Take That next June in Cardiff !!!

:grin::grin::grin:

The band who play behind Take That are the same band that make up the current ELO.

I am sure this will be a good gig. Unfortunately dad duties tonight do not allow for a wee trip down the road to Edinburgh. Cheers.

It was a cracking gig with a near full house turnout. Special mention to lizZard (they seem to capitalise it this way) in support. Quite different to PT but well worth a listen if you like things a bit heavier.

2 Likes

[14th October - Fish - Berlin @Kesselhaus Kulturbrauerei] … still not sure at the moment
9th November - Pendragon 40th Anniversary - London @229 The Venue
10th November - Carpet Crawlers “Selling Foxtrott by the Pound” - Liverpool @O2 Academy
8th December - Fish - London (Islington) @Assembly Hall
2nd February - StillMarillion - Swindon @The Vic
… to be continued

Marillion 2019 - UK in November, Europe dates to be announced later.

We are pleased to announce that we will return to the road in the UK and Europe next year.

The shows will feature the “In Praise of Folly” String Quartet plus Sam Morris on French Horn and Emma Halnan on Flute.

Marillion will be playing songs spanning their 14 album-career with Steve Hogarth, as 2019 celebrates 30 years of him joining the band.

h: “Has it really been 30 years?! Steve R tells me it’s his 40th anniversary so it’s a double celebration! It’s amazing to be in this position after all this time. We’ve added this wonderful six-piece to the band for this entire
tour. They’re brilliant players, good friends, and the chemistry we have together has already spoken for itself. I thought we’d never beat that night at RAH… but there’s going to be two nights and two different RAH set lists
this time, so let’s see what we, and our legendary fans can do."

NOVEMBER 2019

Friday 1st November - Liverpool Philharmonic
Sunday 3rd November - Nottingham Royal Concert Hall
Monday 4th November - Manchester Bridgewater Hall
Wednesday 6th November - Birmingham Symphony Hall
Thursday 7th November - Portsmouth Guildhall
Saturday 9th November - Bath The Forum
Sunday 10th November - Oxford New Theatre
Tuesday 12th November - Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
Wednesday 13th November - Gateshead The Sage
Friday 15th November - Southend Cliffs Pavilion
Saturday 16th November - Cardiff St David’s Hall
Monday 18th November - London Royal Albert Hall
Tuesday 19th November - London Royal Albert Hall

Pre-sale via Planet Rock from Thursday 18th October
General On Sale from Friday 19th October

1 Like

not sure about the string quartet though…they shouldn’t use them each time now :roll_eyes:

:sunglasses:

1 Like

JJ Gilmour tonight - Inn At Lathones by St Andrews.

Some of you should check him out.

3 Likes

Marillion in 2019

Was already booked for 4 nights at the Marillion weekend in Holland, and just booked for Liverpool and Cardiff in November.

2 Likes

“Marillion” Royal Concert Hall in Nottingham, as I loved going back to the venue for the Mason gig recently and its a weekend. :+1:

1 Like

See the Scorpions are back for another single UK appearance next year at Bloodstock, they need to do a full tour over here instead of these individual festivals

I read in some interview that this is all we will get in the UK, one off Festival appearances, but then again I thought they were completely knocking touring on the head a few years ago ?! :thinking::roll_eyes:

Farewell tour :wink:

1 Like

[14th October - Fish - Berlin @Kesselhaus Kulturbrauerei] … I wasn’t there :wink: .
9th November - Pendragon 40th Anniversary - London @229 The Venue
10th November - Carpet Crawlers “Selling Foxtrott by the Pound” - Liverpool @O2 Academy
8th December - Fish - London (Islington) @Assembly Hall
2nd February - StillMarillion - Swindon @The Vic
9th November - Marillion - Bath @The Forum
… to be continued

3 Likes

Where is Glasgow in this list ?:wink:

Sorry! No chance for me to made the Glasgow gig.

Still haven’t had the chance to see Carpet Crawlers, even though they play Liverpool regularly.

1 Like