The Football Thread

Croatia goal :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Loving Maradona’s face :joy:, Croatia have deserved this win

6 Likes

Yes !! they did !! I won 70 euros :smile: (bet 5)

2 Likes

Nice to watch 2 teams actually playing football, rather than trying to cheat their way to a win, especially after the embarrassing performance from Brazil earlier.

5 Likes

Lucky bastards

4 Likes

Come on Japan and poland ! (ok, I bet 5 again, Germany and Great britain did their job ok, let’s hope for the upcoming matches ! :joy::rofl: )

1 Like

well, er… it seems I lost 5 euros…:grin::joy:

2 Likes

Not surprised Marie. Great Britain weren’t even playing! :laughing:

5 Likes

England, sorry :joy:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Posted this on Fb yesterday, so true to life lol… :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

It would be totally appropriate, really, if a team living on past glories cheated its way to the trophy of a competition organised by a corrupt institution and taking place in a corrupt nation.

Given that the Scots, Welsh, Northern Irish and Irish teams didn’t qualify and that Iceland have been knocked out, I’ve kind of lost interest, really. Love an underdog, I do :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Jesus! I’ve only got it on in the background; this is like watching Brazil -v- Brazil. Suarez is embarrassing! Why can VAR not be used to book him for faking head injuries (at least twice in this half)?

2 Likes

Wow. What a match. France - Uruguay will be interesting!

4 Likes

Who’d thought that Spain would go out?

4 Likes

Russia win fully deserved. Backs to the wall for 120 minutes, but got the result. Spain were obviously the better team but couldn’t do anything in the final third.

2 Likes

I missed the game, just saw the penalty shoots. Was gonna ask how both team played . Well done Russia. Nice for the Russian people.

1 Like

️"Russisches Sommermärchen" ahead? :soccer:

1 Like

Allez Les Bleus!

5 Likes

With any luck, Belgium will win this evening, so there are no South Americans in the semis. Play-acting cheats.

6 Likes