The Kate Bush topic

The BBC had a bit of a Kate Bush night on Friday. There was a good documentary plus a show of her performances at the BBC.

1 Like

The sky behind the red shoes with the symbol hidden in it :slight_smile:

Okay I’m going to ask it…

What’s the symbol? I can’t see anything on the tiny CD sleeve.

Is it above the t e in Kate ?? :confused:

The KT symbol is on every KB cover

just quote:

"Kate Bush has thanked the fans who attended her Before The Dawn shows for taking her breath away.

The 22-date residency in London was her first live major commitment since 1979 – and she’s already suggested she may not be seen again for some time.

Bush says: “It was one of the most extraordinary experiences of my life. I was really delighted that the shows were received so positively and so warmly – but the really unexpected part of it all was the audiences. Audiences you could only ever dream of.

“They took my breath away. Every single night they were so behind us. You could feel their support from the minute we walked on stage. I just never imagined it would be possible to connect with an audience on such a powerful and intimate level; to feel such – well, quite frankly – love. It was like this at every single show.”

She adds: “It was a truly special and wonderful feeling for all of us.”

On opening night at the capital’s Apollo Theatre in August, Bush credited her live return to son Bertie, who sang in the production and was listed as creative advisor, saying: “Without him there’s no way it would have happened. He gave me the courage to get it started.”

After the final performance on October 1, she told the crowd it would be “a while” before she returned to the stage, adding: “I’m going to miss everyone so much.”

Two shows in mid-September were filmed for a possible DVD release. The sold-out residency led to reignited interest in her back-catalogue, making chart history when she became the first female artist to have eight albums in the top 40 at the same time."

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Let’s hope she’ll perform again. I’m just glad I caught the show and really hope that there will be a video release.

It was something special and I’d really like to watch it again.

BBC4 this Monday at 10pm - The Kate Bush Story.

2 Likes

Recorded this last night - not sure if it’s new or if it’s been broadcast before. Just watched the first 10 minutes and learning lots. ‘Man With The Child In His Eyes’ written when Kate was just 15, and it was Dave Gilmour who fronted up money for her to do her first demo.

Will watch the rest tonight when i get home from work.

Can’t see me ever being a true fan or anything, but I watched the docu’ yesterday too, and enjoyed it. Found her story really interesting. An amazing talent, and actually a much more beautiful voice than I ever gave her credit for. Very attractive in her day too.

1 Like