The Last CD You Bought

John Prine - The Tree Of Forgiveness

2 Likes

Not as good as Meliora but still good :+1:

Arrived today :smile:

I’m loving it. Satanic rock with a hint of pop only Ghost know how to do!

1 Like

2 Likes

Your cooking with gas Paul. John Prine is class. Bruised Orange, Fair And Square very good albums.

1 Like

2 Likes

A wee trip into Glasgow and unexpected purchases in hmv.

3 Likes

Those original album series packs are very good. Great value for money. Don’t know which company is putting them out, but I’ve bought a few recently. Various bands and solo artists. The packaging is basic, but perfectly acceptable.

3 Likes

Greta Van Fleet - From The Fires
Noel Gallagher - Who Built The Moon
A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant

1 Like

What do you think of it?

Only played it once so far so probably too early to judge. Immediate impression is that i realise all bands are influenced from somewhere in the past but where’s the line between influenced and blatant copying.

I was unsure with the first few tracks as they sound exactly like Led Zep, the vocal style immediately grabs the attention. However, as i played more, i began to stop scrutinising, just listened, and began to enjoy it.

I’ll give it a few more plays over the next few days and probably have a better informed view then. They are obviously a talented band who should maybe put a bit of their own style into their songs rather than mimick Led Zeppelin (though it worked for Kingdom Come who also had a cracking debut back in the late 80’s - shit, was it really that long ago).

1 Like

Genesis - Abacab

2 Likes

arena

Arena - Double Vision

2 Likes

2XCD Queen II & Sheer Heart Attack Tours

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

2 Likes