The last gig you went to

I saw Devin Townsend at Nottingham Rock City last Thursday. Played for about an hour and a quarter so not his longest set but it was still very good.

DRRAM THEATER - SHEFFIELD CITY HALL - 5/7/14

An excellent gig as always from one of my favourite bands :wink:
A full 3 hour set (with a 15 min interval) Including some of my favourite songs -
The Enemy Inside, The Shattered Fortress, Breaking All Illusions, On The Backs Of Angels & Finally Free to name but a few .
This was a warm up for the headline ( 2nd Stage) Sonisphere festival at Knebworth and was well worth the 4 hour round trip, a sublime live act :smiley:

Not sure there are any jazz fans out there?

Last night at the Jazz a Juan Festival : Stacey Kent, manu Katché with the billitant bassist Richard Bona and Stephano di Battista on sax. Third act was the perfect duo Chick Corea on piano and Stanley Clarke on double bass. Phenomenal musicianship altogether :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, don’t mind a bit of ‘mood music’ myself. Variety is the spice of life. :smiley:

Forgotten sons - Marillion tribute band

http://www.forgottensons.de/index.html

Last night, Stevie Wonderful :slight_smile:

That guy can sing! His voice is intact. He had 14 musicians around him.
And they set the whole place on fire!
I was happily surprised that I knew virtually every song they played.
The highlight was Sir Duke.
Stevie has a great sense of humour and made us laugh throughout the show.

A very very pleasant evening .

2 Likes

Fish Calw!

1 Like

Lifesigns with John Young last night.

Very enjoyable gig at The Borderline. Also supported by a stripped down acoustic Jump made for a great evening of music.

1 Like

An excellent live band, and a very sincere gent is Mr Young, l hope they get a break cus when I saw them last year the audience was very much lacking in numbers :persevere:

1 Like

Last night: Tax the Heat & Black Star Riders. TtH are excellent, BSR decent but no Lizzy.

Went watching Neil Young and Crazy Horse the other week in Liverpool. Great gig! Very entertaining on stage. :smile:

2 Likes

Camel in Warrington March 13th 14 Superb, and did a review in the local paper :slight_smile:

Anathema - Thekla, Bristol

2 Likes

What did you think Steve ?
I thought the choice of setlist was superb, but then again with so much strong material from their back catalogue available - no surprise there !! :blush:

The Subways, Clwb Ifor Bach, Cardiff

To be honest - not the best. When the dates were announced i had my concerns over the size of venues they were playing and the Thekla did them no favours at all. Long, narrow room with low ceiling (and a stage which struggled to fit the band on) created an awful sound. Vocals totally lost in the mix and hardly audible. I could have been watching any old band - nothing came through giving it the Anathema sound. If i was there on my own i’d have seen it through but i took a friend along who doesn’t know the band - he wasn’t impressed so we left around halfway through.

Thats a shame . I agree tho on the venues and why they were picked, was it to say they had sold out venues ??!!
The sound at the Manchester gig was really good I suppose I was lucky in that respact other than a few technical issues .
They should be playing bigger venues now tho with the following they have picked up in recent years .
I noticed that the European dates were larger venues, admittedly they have a bigger audience but it would have been better to see their full stage set, with a much higher quality of sound which their music requires .

Pat McManus last night

Did he bang out any Mamas Boys material ?

Indeed, though only a couple. He’s got enough of his own albums these days to fill a show. He’s written tributes to Phil Lynott and Gary Moore. Listen to Cold Town off Dark Emerald Highway and tell me that he wasn’t listening to Catch the Rainbow when he wrote it!

1 Like