The last gig you went to

Like tenfold!!!

My favourite Supertramp track Marie, followed closely by School.
Saw him twice live at Stowe school in Bucks, the very school that he attended as a kid.
No other live performance will ever top the first time I heard this song live with his band - emotionally speaking.

2 Likes

We were at a gig tonight, a Finnish singer-songwriter Samuli Putro turned 50 and managed to make a small concert hall tour.

This is what it looks like these days when going to a gig! :grin:

8 Likes

Which one is you?

3 Likes

Klone are fantastic live! The guitars are powerful, crystalline and superb.
Yann Lignier’s vocals are perfect. That guy can do anything!
Can’t wait to see them again!

5 Likes

At last! A real live gig in a club after a so long time! Yesterday evening we were in Oulu at Nightwish gig which was a “secret” show under an alias Nevski & The Prospects. It was supposed to happen in April 2020 and now it actually did.

About 3000 people and maybe about one third had masks on. In our area we have a good situation concerning the covid so the show could happen. Felt a bit nervous but everything went well and all the people acted fantastic. And the music! Oh my god how good it felt after such a long time to feel it. Ecstatic!!

Edit: The setlist can be found here: Nightwish Concert Setlist at Club Teatria, Oulu on July 28, 2021 | setlist.fm

7 Likes

So jealous, roll on December and Wembley Arena :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

At last a gig !! It’s been 17 months and been one of the main things I’ve missed due to the pandemic.
It was only tribute bands I admit and the weather was crap, but still had a great time :beers::metal::beers:

6 Likes

We had a better weather with our boys’ weekend. Yesterday some domestic bands at a festival (Satama Open Air) in Kemi. What a fun we had again! Only donwnside was that I fell to the ground when walking home and my face is even worse to look than normally… :face_with_head_bandage:

7 Likes

Were you on the crazy beers?

Among other things. :crazy_face:

1 Like

MANIC STREET PREACHERS

Please forgive my ignorance for the last 20 yrs :expressionless: that was one of the best gigs I’ve been to in many years , what a setlist.

7 Likes

Sami Yaffa last night. The guitarist and the keyboard player were both playing in HIM before. Great gig. Practically every song from his debut album and some covers from New York Dolls and Hanoi Rocks.

6 Likes

The first picture is great !

1 Like

Peat And Diesel at Fat Sams, Dundee last night. 1st gig since Fish at the Lemon Tree March 2020. Support band The East Pointers from Canada well worth checking out.

2 Likes

I saw the Manics at the NIA a couple of years ago and was mightily impressed. Really love International Blue

1 Like

Paul Heaton & Jacquie Abbot at Caird Hall, Dundee. Not my usual cup of tea at all, however a good gig.

I thought you hated those two?!

That would be the Beautiful F****n South! So, in some peoples eyes much the same thing. Went as the plus one. Own material is better than previous band. Not a convert, but the actual band were on the money. I have been subject to worse - Demi Lovato, Little Mix to name but two. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

True. Sounds like you’ve had experience of setting your tolerance threshold level high, so comparatively speaking I imagine it was a good gig.

1 Like

I remember taking my daughter , when she was alot younger to see the Sugarbabes!!! Pleasing to the eye , but Jesus that was tough going :laughing:

3 Likes