The last gig you went to

Considering the amount of Fish gigs I’ve been to I’ve never met anybody I know at them! :frowning:

We will need to get something Organised Keith for the Next tour or Convention. :smile:

I was at the LS Convention. Missed the Bilston gig this year as I was at another gig.

There were definitely some of us there!

1 Like

Unusually for me I had no proper gigs in the last 3 months of 2014 unless you count a couple of bar bands in Austin.

So last weekend I went to Wavendon Stables to see Snakecharmer
They do about 60% original songs and 40% Whitesnake

A 6 piece band made up talented musicians who have played in numerous bands over the years including Whitesnake, Uriah, Heep and Thunder. Even Rick Wakemans son is on keyboards

SO great musicians. The singer has a similar style to Paul Rodgers with a slightly higher range.
Micky Moody, (ex Whitesnake) was brilliant and gave us a very entertaining 5 minute slide guitar solo.

The Snakecharmer original songs are good but when they played Whitesnake songs they just moved up a level. I love Whitesnake because its low down and dirty rock blues that has a real groove and swagger to it. And numerous blonde rock chicks in the audience spent the whole night dancing and whooping their appreciation to songs like Ready and Willing, Fool For Your Loving, Hear I go Again and more classics.

So thats the start of a few gigs now in the pipeline.
Next stop - Lifesigns - Under the Bridge in Chelsea on Friday with a few of the Fish/Marillion crowd including Tony (MilesZippo)

5 Likes

A very enjoyable gig last night by Saxon at the Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall.
All of the classic songs we’re played - Wheels Of Steel, And The Bands Played On, Heavy Metal Thunder, 747, Denim And Leather, Power And The Glory to name but a few.
Great crowd, a full hall and that ringing in my ears when I went to bed, its what I love about a Heavy Metal gig :wink::smiley:

5 Likes

Saw Saxon on their Denim and Leather tour back in 1981 - was back in school the next morning with a constant ring in my ears :smile:

I find it amazing thay these bands are still together, even if relying on past glories.

Saxon Review

1 Like

Went to see Lifesigns a couple of weeks ago with a few people including Tony (miles zippo)
The gig was at a great venue called Under the Bridge which is literally under Chelsea football ground at Stamford Bridge.
To be honest I wasn’t expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised. The band had put a lot of effort into the lights and stage as well as great sound as they were filming it.
Really impressive musicianship. They could do with a charismatic singer as there was a definite gap centre stage although the bass player did his best to entertain us.
The band leader John Young is an accomplished experienced musician (from my local town Leighton Buzzard) who has played with numerous bands including Fish, Asia, the Scorpions and Bonnie Tyler.
This Is his project . An original new Prog band that deserves a bigger audience.
Their album is worth buying just for its excellent cover !

1 Like

Nice to see Fish’s “report” on FB about last night’s gig in Nice.

The location of the theater is a rough one indeed and I was quite happy to find my car in one piece afterwards or to not have been mugged :smile:

Superb gig, we were right at the front and to me the sound was very very good.
Fish seemed to be in good shape, he gave us a brilliant performance and the High Wood suite was a real treat, took a real dimension thanks to a great introduction by Fish and a crystal clear sound,( fantastic guitar and drumming btw) plus superb projection work (thumbs up Angus) on a massive screen behind the stage. After the gig Shaun actually told us it was the second venue in this tour where the screen was actually so big.

Interesting to see a French audience for the first time at a Fish gig, they were very responsive and full of energy, and very shy compared to the British audience :blush: Different ambiance but all in all a really great one. You could tell it was a real treat for all as last time Fish came in Nice it was 25 years ago.

Vigil as always had us transported in another dimension (always reminds me of you Arcade, I can remember you were so taken by this at the Caves in EDB)

Then Incubus and the Company made some of us go absolutely wild and at that point I just did not want the song to end. As always two very powerful songs that send shivers through and make you cry and recalled unforgettable memories for me and couldn’t help but think of JimB and my other Forum friends that I met in previous gigs.

How I miss not to be able to meet up with you all.

It was so great that Ulli and Silke flew all the way from Berlin to meet up with me, we had a great time together, these two are ace people.

Love the way Music brings people together :smile:

8 Likes

Great little review Zaz! Really makes me wish I could have experienced it! :smiley:

1 Like

It was a pleasure that we had the chance to be part of the French Company. I think it is larger than Zaz expected… Seated venue with a good view for all, because the seats were more as an arena (Lino Ventura Theatre).

The band is working better every time, you know I have the chance to compare it with the first gigs after John Beck joins the band. High Wood Suite was brilliant.

I was surprised that Silke told us, she was impressed by Incubus! :slight_smile:

Thanks to Zaz for the hospitality! And we had a lot of fun in Antibes and around despite the rain!

I’ll miss the Feast tour gigs, because it was my last one. Festival gigs ahead with a different setlist :wink: !

5 Likes

Sounds great fun, so pleased it was such an enjoyable gig.
I’ve met so many nice people over the years following Fish that I would never have met in my life and hopefully if there is another convention I will get to meet a few more.

5 Likes

We were talking about this with Ulli yesterday, the minute I know there are tickets for the next convention I’ll book them. And then I can meet you too :smile:

1 Like

We were talking about all the gigs in the last years. Which people we have met and which people we have lost! It was very emotional! JimB, Melissa, …

And all the friends which we’d like to had next to us during the gig yesterday!

Looking forward to the next convention (2016 ?) and I hope all of us will have the chance to be a part of it!

4 Likes

That must be a very long conversation with you Ulli! So many gigs!! :wink: :smile:

1 Like

Oops I forgot to mention the support band, a local tribute band to Opeth, was really good, they had a female vocalist in the band and it worked quite well.
They warmed the theater up nicely! Excellent guitarist too.

2 Likes

ANATHEMA - LIVERPOOL CATHEDRAL

An excellent concert, the music fitted the surroundings perfectly.
It was filmed for a future dvd release and we we’re treated to “untouchable pt1” twice because Danny wasn’t happy with his guitar on the first version :wink:
It was nice to see an almost full band this time and not just as a three piece as on last yrs acoustic gigs.

6 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes