UK dates 2015 "Farewell to Childhood"

I’d love to…glasgow is so handy for me,maybe the next tour I’ll make the trip over with Keith.its been too long,I’d love to see Steve Wilson as well:)

You’ve changed your tune about Steven Wilson :wink:

Me, Mike, John and Andy all going to SW show in Royal Albert Hall in September.

Once we get some Fish dates in 2016 we’ll all have to get together again. No excuses, it must be done.

Slainte

1 Like

I like his latest solo album,must be said it’s great…
Not keen on the rest of his solo material though…

Does anyone know when the Sept 12 Dalkeith show is expected to go on sale? thanks!

Lo and behold: they went on sale today! Airfare: check! Hotel: Check!! Midstock Tickets: CHECK!!!

1 Like

Some of Fish’s stuff needs to grow on you. It took me a few full listen-thrus to embrace “Raingods With Zippos” and “Fellini Days”. “Field of Crows” has yet to get to me. I can imagine (and have heard) the material having great impact in his live set, but the studio recording doesn’t often win when I pick out a Fishy-disc to listen to.

Of his entire solo catalogue, my favorites are “Sunsets on Empire” and “13th Star”, and yes, it must be said that “Feast” is great. Period.

When Rik2005 said he wasn’t keen on some solo stuff he was referring to Steven Wilson, not Fish.

Rik loves all Fish material. Period.

2 Likes

epic thread reading fail. Thanks for explaining it in small words. In my defense I was recovering from surgery and doped up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sadly, I think you mis-interpreted that section. Steve Rothery does not want to drop the keys as it completely changes what he and the rest of the band delivered on that album. Lowering keys alters the vibe of a song, and for a guitarist who originated the lines, if completely changes how he approaches the fretboard. Listen to the Studio release back to back with “Return To Childhood” and you can’t deny it. The one thing I wish Steve R. would concede is that even in the lower keys, Fish is the only one who lives those lyrics and that concept. Hogarth may belt them out beautifully, but the whole thing was Fish’s trip. Literally.

The reunion I always wanted to see would be a unification: An album with both Fish and Hogarth. A dialectic duet.

1 Like

Agree, apart from the Hogarth belting them out beautifully part. I’ve never taken to his voice at all. Particularly on Fish-penned tracks. It often grates on me.

2 Likes

I’m desperate for one ticket for either London dates if anyone has a spare for sale.

Thanks

Nanker

Girlfriend bought me tickets for my birthday for the bristol gig cant wait!! Its on the same date as my birthday andi am the same age as the album, destiny!

3 Likes

Morning Folks,

Went online to buy tickets for the Glasgow show and it’s sold out ! :sob:

What are the chances the venue will be changed ?

Another sell out for the big man!happy days

I think he should add a date at Edinburgh now :wink:

1 Like