Weltschmerz Album

Haven’t made my mind up. Generally, I like the more pictorial, illustrative covers like 13th Star.

I love it! That’s a good one to ask for next Fish on Friday!!! I have no clue tbh. I think the artwork is superb like you say but also don’t see the link with the theme of the album. Love the mudman too, but don’t know what’s the idea behind it either, although maybe I missed something?.
I know as always that choosing the design of the cover is a very important part of the album and that Mark Wilkinson has worked his balls off on it, so there must be a good explanation for it!

1 Like

Thinking about it … there is an interview with Mark on the Deluxe Blu-ray … maybe it gets explained in that? Pity I only purchased the standard copy!

2 Likes

Good call, actually! Also Fish said something about a picture on the Deluxe version only…:

One thing I have forgotten to ask and that I know you’ll join in on

In the deluxe version there’s a Mark Wilkinson image at the end of the book which I’d ask that you do not post about or put up anywhere. let’s keep it a secret! :slightly_smiling_face:

When you see it you will understand completely ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe this will be relevant…

Is this what it was then? You surprise spoiler :wink:

1 Like

He knows, I know and you know you know :wink:

1 Like

Now I know what you know :wink:

I have deleted the pic as for some reason unbeknown to me, Fish didn’t want this picture posted online, he wants to keep it a secret ??? even though its been made public through the boxset ??? As I have had the pic deleted on Fb.

Two different format 5.1 hi-res options on the bluray, but no stereo hi-res - a bit odd.

Yes i put his post up here yesterday!
You replied just below it :laughing:

That’s me in the bad books again lol…

Nah, it wasn’t intended :wink:

I saw the pic posted above … why the secrecy?

First time on the Forum today and I’ve no idea what any of you are talking about.

1 Like

Scroll up a few posts and you will see a deleted post (but only for 24 hours until it disappears). It is an image that appears in the deluxe version of the CD which apparently Fish wants to keep a secret and not posted on the internet. We are questioning why?

Cool image, though I’m not sure what the fuss is about.

1 Like

Maybe Fish just wants people to discover the image when they eventually receive their deluxe version instead of seeing it on the web first.

2 Likes

Going a little off-topic, and I don’t watch Fish On Friday, so I’ve no idea how much he’s talked about future touring and rearranged gig dates, but given that initial sales of the album seem to have gone very well based on the chart placing, how likely do we think it is that he may just cut his losses with all the touring uncertainties due to the virus and decide not to take the album out on the road?

Anything approaching normality seems such a long way off to me. Do we think he will continue to put off his retirement from the music business until a tour is complete, or just call it a day after considering his options? We all know the financial outlay for touring is huge and risky at the best of times.

2 Likes

In the current climate, who knows. However, touring (not album sales) is where bands make most of their money these days so i’m fairly certain that we will see him touring again. One, for him to boost his retirement fund, and two, because he surely wants to say a proper goodbye.

Just hope it’s sooner rather than later as his age and health are not on his side for big tours.

2 Likes

Me neither … has there been any more talk of a live album from the last Clutching/Weltschmerz tour?

(Obviously that question isn’t aimed at you Paul cos you don’t watch it so wouldn’t know!)