What are you listening to (2)?

Live In Gdansk - David Gilmour
The Storyteller - Ray Davies
Bananas - Deep Purple

Rush - A Farewell To Kings

2 Likes

Steven Wilson - Raven That Refused To Sing

1 Like

Steven Wilson - Insurgentes (bonus tracks)

1 Like

Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage

Blackfoot - Highway Song Live

1 Like

An absolutely brilliant live album, so glad I saw them on this tour :wink:

U2 - Best Of 1980 - 1990

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about as good as it got.

1 Like

Fugazi- Marillion

6 Likes

Peter Gabriel - New Blood

Cā€™mon Peter, weā€™ve not had a new album for 6 years!

1 Like

Porcupine Tree in the pub

4 Likes

Morrissey - You Are The Quarry.

Itā€™s not rock music but Iā€™ve always had a soft spot for Morrissey and The Smiths

2 Likes

Theyā€™re definitely Marmite (bit like Corbyn) - Donā€™t think I own an album of theirs, but I like several of their more well-known hits.

Itā€™s 1am and Iā€™m drunk. Thereā€™s only one thing for it

Marillion - Clutching At Straws

6 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing better than belting out Torch Song when youā€™re completely rat-arsed. Well, apart from The Company obviously.

1 Like

As it happens iā€™ve just replied to someone on Marillion forum. Theyā€™ve recently had a friend who has passed. I posted my memories of my friend who died many years ago. A massive Marillion fan who often quoted to me the doctors encounter in the ā€˜Torch Songā€™ of not reaching 30 - and he didnā€™t.

CAS has always been my favourite Marillion album, not just because itā€™s bloody fantastic, but also it always reminds me of my friend, as it was his favourite as well.

CAS - nothing comes close to it. My favourite album ever, of any band.

4 Likes

Very thoughtful Steve. CAS is my favourite too, and always has been, largely thanks to it being amazing from start to finish, but also because of song association with particular times and places. A very evocative album for me too.

4 Likes

Before the wall came down I had only the chance to buy records with my favourite music. CAS was one of them. I loved it and Iā€™m still loving it! In the 90ties I bought the CD of CAS. There was one more track ā€œGoing underā€. And I had to learn that there is another good song between TTOFN and JFTR. :wink:

4 Likes

Same here. I originally had the cassette and bought it on cd later. Didnā€™t know what was happening when ā€˜Going Underā€™ started playing.

2 Likes