Iron Maiden - Seventh Sonā€¦

2 Likes

Kiss - Destroyer

2 Likes

Faith No More - Sol Invictus

1 Like

Looking East - Jackson Browne

1 Like

I listened to Lawyers In Love yesterday. His worst album by far, but even that isnā€™t a total washout.

Anathema - Alternative 4

2 Likes

I dont have everything. Listened to Lives In The Balance on Spotify ( Tool of the devil ) and one or two tracks after Holdin Out into the 80s. Some duffers in the 80s. Is it just me or would you jump from Runnin On Empty to Im Alive?

1 Like

I would probably skip Hold Out and Lawyers In Love, when he went a bit ā€˜discoā€™, and maybe even World In Motion. - I think thereā€™s some great stuff on every other album, but yeah, the 80ā€™s wasnā€™t his strongest period. Bit like James Taylor in that regard. You could cut out a chunk of about 3 albums from his discography too.

1 Like

Big Country - The Seer

You know, Iā€™ve never been a huge Kate Bush fan, even though I recognise sheā€™s hugely talented, but she absolutely transforms the title track on this album, to the point where I miss her on the live performances. What a haunting vocal.

3 Likes

Eiledon :heart_eyes: Always remember driving up to Edinburgh playing this, through the Scottish Borders. Snow melt everywhere. Some songs just fit the moment.

1 Like

Roger Waters - Is This The Life We Really Want?

2 Likes

Same for me Lauri :grinning:

1 Like

Raingods With Zippos - Fish
Sunsets On Empire - Fish

2 Likes

Metallica - Load

2 Likes

Roger Waters - Is This The Life We Really Want?

Must confess that Iā€™m really struggling to get into this one. Itā€™s just not clicking with me for some reason. Iā€™m a huge fan of Roger Waters (Amused To Death is possibly my favourite album by anybody, ever, and The Final Cut is up there on the top 50 list without a doubt), and I appreciate much of the lyrical content.
I think itā€™s the music, to be honest; to me, a lot of it sounds like unpolished demos.
Also, maybe itā€™s that the PF album it most reminds me of is ā€˜Animalsā€™, which was never a particular favourite of mine.

I get where you are coming from with the demo part of things Mik, I think personally he was after the not so polished sound ?
What I like is the flow of songs into each other, how the slower ones merge into the more uptempo ones, and as Iā€™ve said , in true Rogers style the production behind the music, news flashes, narration ect . . .

2 Likes

Tilt - Hinterland

ANATHEMA - the optimist

:sunglasses:

2 Likes