2 Likes

A blast from the past :guitar::wink:

1 Like

John Fogerty - Revival

1 Like

Magnum - On A Storytellers Night

5 Likes

Marillion - Misplaced Childhood

Even though it’s not quite my favourite Marillion album, there are honestly so few albums that make me feel as nostalgic as this.

My dad has asked me this week, while I have some free time, to digitise a stack of old family photo albums. Came across several holiday photos from around 1987 I think, of me wearing a MC t-shirt. Remember taking the cassette of this album on many caravan hols into Wales and Devon. It was something of an obsession that never left me. Reckon I was around 13 or 14 when I first heard it and it was the lyrics that really struck me more than anything. Painted so many pictures, and still does.

8 Likes

For me it’s Fugazi! Introduced to me by a boyfriend. Must have been 14 or 15.
I was obsessed with it. (the album, not the boyfriend :roll_eyes: :laughing: )

Marillion was obviously not as big in France as it will have been in the UK and it’s only later that I discovered all the other albums out of my own interest, which is why it’ll always be my favourite.

I may not have understood all the lyrics at the time but I loved the journey on which each song used to take me!!

I always found these tracks very “colourful”, lots or red and emerald green, :slight_smile:
It was so different to any other music I was listening to at the time.
Funny that reference to colours actually.
Dark side of the moon has always been transcripted in my imagination with lots of black, white and shades of grey!

Do I sound like a weirdo? :confused:

9 Likes

Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine

That’s the joy of music! Songs that evoke memories and spark feelings of nostalgia. Especially great records like MC!

4 Likes

Absolutely! :joy::wink:

3 Likes

2 Likes

It’s ok, I assume my difference :upside_down_face:

Not entirely! I also associate albums with colours. This might be because a particular colour is referenced or mentioned several times in the lyrics, or that it’s just the mood and atmosphere that is invoked in the music. Hard to think of particular examples of this off-hand, but I’ve done this with more than several albums in my collection.

1 Like

ah, another weirdo :laughing::wink:

1 Like

Misplaced Childhood is rainbow coloured :grin: :rainbow:

1 Like

More albums from the attic.

One more from the Attic Adventure. Bad Company with Brian Howe on vocals. Got this more than 30 years ago after seeing them support Deep Purple in Edinburgh.

1 Like

SY355

Roll on November :+1::guitar::beers:

2 Likes

Meat Loaf - Hell In A Handbasket

Muse - Showbiz

Genesis - Trespass

1 Like