What are you listening to (2)?

3 Likes

Frank Zappa - Man From Utopia

Mark Lanegan - Has God Seen My Shadow

1 Like

2 Likes

I bought Hit and Run when originally released on coloured vinyl (red i think ???). School lunchtimes always involved a walk into town to our local record shop ‘Rainbow Records’

Took it home but on playing it, a couple of the songs jumped so i had to return it. Gutted to find they could only offer me a black vinyl in return.

2 Likes

The same here Steve, I remember that there was a fault in the pressing, but I ended up keeping it anything cus I liked the look of it, so ended up buying the cassette version to listen to (all my paper round money was spent that week) !! Happy days.

3 Likes

3 Likes

The Optimist - Anathema

2 Likes

We're_Here_Because_We're_Here_(album_cover)

4 Likes

Genesis - Foxtrot

3 Likes

Marillion - With Friends From The Orchestra

1 Like

Ditto, its finally arrived!! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This Strange Engine. . . . Wow :+1:

1 Like

I’ve had a couple of listens to the album but not sure what to make of it yet. It’s Marillion songs but with less guitar, and one of the main reasons i’ve liked the band for so many years is Rotherys guitar playing.

I’m also finding the choice of songs all quite similar in their pace… slow, slow, slow. Seems that they’ve not necessarily chosen their best songs, instead ones to suit the sound that the orchestra brings. Individually the songs are ok but if listening to an 80 minute album i’d like a slight change in tempo here and there.

I’m sure it’ll all be fine live though, as it worked well in both Royal Albert Hall and in the Marillion weekend.

2 Likes

Bruce Soord - Bruce Soord

1 Like

Marillion - With Friends From The Orchestra

1 Like