What are you listening to (3)?

Gotta say, as much as I love ‘Weltschmerz’, this is my album of the year by a long way.
…and ‘If I Was The Priest’ is fast becoming one of my favourite Springsteen songs of all time.

2 Likes

Its cool. We are allowed to like other things. I usually exempt Fish albums from my Top10 etc. and keep them in a category of their own.
Letter To You is immense. It has to be up there among Springsteens best?

I was thinking about this the other day. It might not sound like a lot to some who are always buying new music, but I bought four new albums this year (as in released in 2020) and they’re just so different from each other, it’s impossible to say one is better than the other. I’ve loved them all.

Springsteen though, is sounding as good as ever. His songwriting doesn’t sound stale.

Oh, dear…I was just about to reply and say that I’ve not bought much that was released this year, either.
However…a quick look at my collection on Discogs reveals that I’ve actually bought twenty-six 2020 releases, of which 16 were re-releases or compilations, so ten 2020 new releases.
A quick estimate of how many LPs I’ve bought in total this year appears to come in at 67 (+2 singles).
I might have a problem :flushed: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

I’ve bought plenty reissues, remasters, live albums and compilations, but little genuinely’new’.

Oh, good…It’s not just me then :smiley:

Not as much as you though :smirk:

I’ve bought far too many albums this year (new, old, re-issues and anything else you care to mention). So many that i’m not convinced i’ve even played them all.

I’ve worked at home since March and so spent hardly anything on petrol, but instead of saving the money, i just buy more music. Though a large number of my purchases are second hand from Music Magpie or Ebay - that’s me trying to convince myself i don’t have a problem.

Pink Floyd and Lunatic Soul cd’s turned up on the weekend. I’m going to try to spend no more until Steven Wilson in January.

1 Like

2 Likes

I am frightened to work out how many albums I have bought. Certainly double figures on new releases. Something 2nd hand every other week. I keep promising I will have a cull and go through stuff before making a trip to our local Record exchange. Only thing is if I did that I would probably end up buying more. Last time I did this a couple of years ago I made around £300.

2 Likes

The problem I have is buying stuff I’d already bought yrs ago and forgotten about, old age I suppose !! :roll_eyes:
Maybe bought all in all over 50 cds this year, about 10 new releases.

2 Likes

My latest purchase.

Lunatic Soul - Through Shaded Woods

2 Likes

First 4 albums are great. Debut is a stone cold classic. :smiley:

1 Like

81iCp3IFQEL.AC_SY355

3 Likes

Earlier
Kate Bush - Lionheart

Now
Lunatic Soul - Through Shaded Woods