Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero

David Gilmour - On An Island

Marillion - Unplugged At The Walls

Deep Purple - Machine Head

Sorceress_Album_Cover

1 Like

Soup - The Beauty Of Our Youth

Today -

A music day to try and shake off the post holiday blues before the final of the Euros.

FISH_FAREWELL+TO+CHILDHOOD_+LIVE+IN+EUROPE+2015-2016-679465

5 Likes

2 Likes

I had this on before. It’s taken years, but I’ve finally started to enjoy it! :laughing:

1 Like

Only realised this week Paul that I’d only ever owned the title track on a 45 vinyl with No reply at all on the B side… so I ordered and received the cd last week and I think this is the worst Genesis album in MY book :grimacing:
Tried to listen to it a 2nd time yesterday but after the 2 first tracks that I absolutely love, I’ve had to skip every other track :confused:
Whatever went wrong inspiration wise that year :rofl:
I was even telling my sis yesterday it’s fair to say this is possibly the worst 80’s album!!!
From a Genesis lover :wink:

1 Like

Plenty - Enough

I prefer it over Genesis To Revelation, though that isn’t saying much! :laughing:

I put it down to them finally acquiring their own studio. They had too much time to experiment. I think it’s a brave album in that respect, as there is barely any of Tony’s obligatory melodies on it. I think that was intentional.

I agree, overall it’s a failed experiment. I don’t care much for the first 2 tracks, though I do like Me And Sarah Jane, Keep It Dark and Dodo Lurker. Most of it sounds very un-Genesis though.

1 Like