When I Was 15. Music and Memories

What year would that be Zaz?

1989! You can tell by the Tina Turner looks :joy:

1 Like

I was just thinking you looked like Kim Wilde!

1 Like

Whichever …:grin:

I refrained from saying Sam Fox.

You scoundrel :wink:

Which isn’t such a bad thing :wink:

I used to like Sam Fox in those days, a couple of reasons why but I just can’t put my finger on it at this moment of time ! :wink:

Intelligence and singing voice?

1 Like

Shit yes that’s it , and great hosting credentials (Brits with M Fleetwood) :joy::joy:

1 Like

To be fair, Mick was more wooden than she was!

1 Like

Always remember Sam Fox having a couple of good points.

At least you never mentioned “that Word” :laughing:

1 Like

Only in the Three Word Story Rab. :grinning:

1 Like

Seriously? This is where we’re comfortable going with this?
Oh, well… OK…
In my (obviously rose-tinted) imagination, those who tend to gravitate towards Marillion / Fish tend to gravitate AWAY from the stereotype that many would apply to the more general ‘rock fan’ community (and to the male of the species in general) of being somewhat borderline misogynistic and having a tendency to quickly descend into ‘blokeish’ attitudes.
As much as it depresses me to be proved wrong, this thread seems to have been lowered to the level of going ‘phwoar!’ at the mention of Sam Fox and resorting to (ironically) teenage euphemistic hints about her endearing qualities. None of us actually is 15 anymore, so if we’re going to descend to the level of judging a fellow human being on the grounds of how nice her tits were, let’s at least be grown-up enough to actually say so.

The first person to cite ‘banter’ in mitigation will go seriously down in my estimation.

Not that any of you should care where you are in my estimation. Just voicing an opinion. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ve always been uncomfortable around such attitudes.

2 Likes

Fair do’s Mik. You are right. We need to get this thread back on track because the original idea was a cool and interesting one. Great to read about everyone’s memories of youth and music. Quite nostalgic.

2 Likes

I apologise for offending anyone with my attempts at being funny and shall desist forthwith. :smile:

1 Like

While I`m thinking about this descent into misogyny, what about the inspiration for the Fish track Zoe 25? Just saying.

1 Like

Anyone else make mix-tapes of the Top 40 from the radio? - Always remember buying a stack of cassettes from Woolworths, and sitting down with my radio every Sunday. The anticipation of recording was immense! Fingers used to go numb from eagerly holding them on the play and record buttons and pressing them at exactly the right moment, so as to get the song in it’s entirety yet without the DJ speaking before and after.

3 Likes

Me :grinning: Used to be the highlight of my week ends!
I sometimes used to cringe at how they’d cut a song short with their jingle though :grimacing:

3 Likes