Your Album Of The Week

this week:the first Marillion album I bought about 28 years ago :open_mouth:…my first contact with this amazing band which has an important part in my life (Fish’s solo work too of course as I bought “vigil” when it was released)…absolutely no other band or artist has never had the same impact on me!!!

definitely the best band in the world (whatever its lead singer :wink:)

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Haven’t listened to much else besides Porcupine Tree, so favourite of the week is probably Deadwing.

For me, this is a perfect Prog/Rock album. Some great melodic tunes, great riffs and solos. Driving guitars. Contrasting light and dark moments. Very satisfying from beginning to end.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more Paul.
A stunning album. :smiley:

3 Likes

I’ve no real choice this week as it’s all I’ve really played. :wink:

1 Like

Thought you didn’t like that? Is it a grower?

Definitely a grower, it’s been one of the most difficult albums to get in to though, there are so many different styles of music going on, but it is what it is, a concept album written to be performed live as a sort of rock opera.
If you took the best 10 songs as if it was a single album, it would be brilliant, as I’ve said before its the in between musical interludes I’m struggling with.
We’ll see tonight how it comes across live. ? :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe you could do some of your own editing to it and cut out all the bits you don’t like!

1 Like

Maybe I have :wink:

What else could it be? :laughing:

3 Likes

Dedicated to rikg2005 :-

1 Like

one of the top pop album ihmo

2 Likes

Beardfish - The Void

Since I bought this on vinyl some months ago ‘for my daughter’, it’s been our album of the week on several occasions. It really is very good.

2 Likes

Couldn`t cope with listening to too much music this week because of my being unwell. Getting to the end of the week and found myself belting this out again.

1 Like

Its taken a while but Ive come round to this one. They could have made a shorter classic though.

2 Likes