Your Album Of The Week

Only played this once but have heard enough for it to get my vote.

Opeth - Sorceress

2 Likes

Hopefully it will be thro my letterbox when I get home tonight.
I have the Download on my phone though to listen to on the flight home .
Been looking forward to this album for ages.

1 Like

2 Likes

:sunglasses:

1 Like

2 Likes

Probably not a favourite Deep Purple album for many fans but I think it has some excellent tracks on it. No disputing Steve Morse credentials as a guitarist.

2 Likes

A rediscovery.

That’s an album I couldn’t get at all…loved the album before ‘abandon’.

1 Like

3 Likes

Split between these 2 I’ve been playing them constantly near enough.

1 Like

1 Like

Loving these insights into Classical music Rab. Don’t know a huge amount about it. I feel a bit uncultured in that regard, but there are certain pieces of music I love. - Have you ever listened to Mendelssohn’s Hebrides, or the Fingal’s Cave Overture? That’s an amazing and evocative piece of music.

1 Like

Love my classical music Paul, although I don’t claim to know or heard everything. Of the top of my head I can honestly say I can’t remember having heard Mendelssohn or the Fingals cave overture, I do have a lot of Classical music which I got into in the 90" s, Beethoven, Mozart, Bizet, Holst, Elgar, Vivaldi, Rimsky-Korsakov, Shostakovich, Dvorak, etc… Including some Opera. My favourite being Tchaikovsky.
Just find its taking music to another level, very emotional, relaxing and Heavy in a lot of pieces.

2 Likes

Cannae wack a wee bit of Chopin myself ( seriously ) whilst sluggin` my Bombay Sapphire ( not seriously ).:wink:

4 Likes

You cultured bugger! :laughing:

3 Likes

6 Likes

1 Like