Every day is a school day :)

“It’s difficult to polish a turd” :rofl:

Fish, 19/09/20

1 Like

Just for the record.

4 Likes

God. I’ve learned something today.
A customer was seeking a magazine about the " spaghettification" of the black holes :open_mouth:
Well, same word in french. Spaghettis are spaghettis…

spaghettification
(astrophysics) The gravitational stretching of objects into long thin shapes and eventually into a unidimensional wormhole.

4 Likes

Someone needs slapping with a big wet fish :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

God how I love the English language :laughing:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

“Free the herrings !!” :partying_face: :crazy_face:

In Dunkirk Kippers are called “kippers” or more commonly “Platche’s” or “Beut”
After the fight for a kipper thrown by the mayor from the townhall balcony, people are used to “slapping with a big wet fish:rofl: :rofl:

It was before Covid mess… :neutral_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

To be in dire straits

"Recorded at Pathway Studios (8-track), Halloway, July 1977 - Engineered by Chas Herington.
Mark Knopfler, vocal and guitar - David Knopfler, guitar and vocal - John Illsley, bass and vocal - Pick Withers, drums.
From the vinyl record “The Honky Tonk Demos”, Oval Records - 1979."

This could go under the worst album covers as well, but I didn’t know until today that the (devil) baby on Born Again cover has been used earlier by Depeche Mode and is originally from a magazine cover from 1968!

5 Likes

Remember very well the long gone Record Shop where I bought Born Again. Much maligned , like The Elder by Kiss, Born Again is a real gem and contains some great vocal performances from Ian Gillan eg. Hotline and Born Again itself.

1 Like

I learned just the other day that there’s a character, a bard called Marillion in Game Of Thrones. I’ve missed his name when watching from TV but I noticed it when I started to read the book a while ago.

“According to George R.R. Martin, the character was not named after the band, which he had never heard of prior to writing the first book.”

3 Likes

That’s it.

I didn’t know until yesterday that Private Dancer was written by Mark Knopfler. I learned that from John Illsley’s book I just read.

2 Likes