The Last CD You Bought

Black Tiger is a great album. This alongside Earthshaker and Meanstreak are Y&T at their best.

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. I still have the Black Tiger as a cassette, I didn’t know anything about the band when I bought that, probabably the cover made me buy it. :smile:

2 Likes

I first saw them supporting AC/DC just as Black Tiger came out 1982.
Seen them many times since, always a good night out and will probably see them again later this year :metal:

3 Likes

Andy, It’s just Dave these days isn’t it? I’m sure that I will see them when they pass through the Midlands as I suspect there won’t be many more opportunities.

£5.99 from Thirteen Records, Dundee.

1 Like

1 Like

New Paul Weller.

1 Like

Hard to believe that the cover was designed by Peter Blake!

4 Likes

From Thirteen Records, Union Street, Dundee. Absolute bargain at £7.99.

1 Like

I remember back in the day Pallas used to get a lot of TV coverage up here cause they were from Aberdeen. Always liked The Sentinel. Haven`t dabbled in much else.

Recent buys…

Acapela - about a 50 minutes drive from where I now live (20 minutes from where I was born). Always listed as a Cardiff venue but it’s in the middle of nowhere, not near centre of Cardiff.

A converted Church which only holds about 200 people but gets really big names performing there.

They’ve got some weird rule that if you book a table to watch a gig, you have to order a pre-gig pizza, as it’s the extra income from food orders which keeps the venue going.

1 Like