What Did You 'YouTube' Today?

It’s a wonder Tony Banks’ fingers weren’t on fire during some of this.

1 Like

Nice interview this

1 Like

I’ve been bingeing on Queen vids for the last week, including reactions. It amazes me how many Americans are still so confused by the I Want To Break Free video. I mean properly confused. I have to pinch myself that it got banned.

I wasn’t living here then so had to google this. Amazing really but I’m not surprised one bit!

I found this:

“Because MTV higher ups considered the video to promote cross dressing and trans sexuality. It was banned in the United States which is embarrassing, and a travesty.

In reality, the “I Want to Break Free” Video had NOTHING to do with any sexual connotations. It was playfully, a spoof of a popular British Soap called Coronation Street. The US MTV officials didn’t see the humor, not knowing anything about British TV.

The people of America missed out on a lot of following Queen releases until much later because of it. Queen fans would have thought it was fun if they were given the option of making their own choice to watch the video.

Because Freddie was rumored at the time as being bisexual, (he had never admitted to any personal sexual preferences), as was his prerogative, the video was falsely accused of being trans sexual.

Unfortunately, people tend to make up their minds about others, based on hearsay and rumors. Mr. Mercury’s personal life was his own business, and predetermined beliefs regarding his sexuality should never have been the basis for not showing the video. Queen fans adored Freddie as he was, whatever the truth may have been, it didn’t matter, it wasn’t the business of anyone but Freddie.

It’s a sad day when an executive in the entertainment business, can make the decision on whether the people will be allowed to see any video, because of their own beliefs regarding the rumored lifestyles of Entertainers.

The ones who lost were the American fans and Queen, the performances we missed out on, and the band missed out on doing “for and with” us, can never be replaced. Unfortunately, we lost Freddie Mercury far too young, and there’s no going back, America missed out on a lot.”

Had he been firing a semiautomatic machine gun as opposed to pushing a Hoover it probably wouldn’t have been banned! :crazy_face:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Great video this one :ok_hand:

New album coming out August 26th, two first singles:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Just released on YouTube to raise money for Ukraine Relief :ukraine:

“In 2008 Queen + Paul Rodgers played a historic show for 350,000 Ukrainian fans – now the show is online and raising funds for The UN Refugee Agency”

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes
2 Likes