Hobbies, Interests and Pastimes

Updated photo of my Stephen King library. :blush:

6 Likes

What’s your favourite of his Lauri? My brother is a massive Stephen King fan.

I’m on a bit of a mission to complete an entire library of John Wyndham books, who is my favourite author. Not as easy as it sounds, as some have been out of print for years, some are in compilations as he wrote many short sci-fi stories for magazines in the 50’s and 60’s. He also wrote under the name of John Benyon occasionally too.

I’m not the one who has been asked but my favorite are definitely “The Stand”,“It”,“The Green Mile”,“Misery”

but there are many more I like a lot even if the last he wrote are boring to my eyes !

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

I second Anthony about the ones he mentioned, they are all good. There are very good novels among his latest books as well although he had a period when some quite boring or tangled ones were published. If I have to choose just one it would obviously be almost impossible to do. Carrie, The Shining, The Dead Zone, Dark Tower series, 11/22/63 is just perfect and so on… Maybe I would go for “It” because it has all good elements and has a lot of pages to enjoy.

2 Likes

I love Salem’s Lot way better than the Movie/2 part series with David soul.

2 Likes

not very difficult…the movie is terrible

I would by modern day film standards it is poor, but it is dated typical late 70’s horror film making.

1 Like

Hey, I happen to love bad 70’s horror movies! They’re my speciality.

3 Likes

3 new bottles from the Bruichladdich distillery bought after an evening with the Brand Ambassador of this unique distillery
The Classic Laddie
The 10 years Port Charlotte (peated)
The Botanist (Gin)

2 Likes

Bleedin hell, you’re not going to run out of booze during the shit storm are you?!

2 Likes

I don’t think so,no :laughing:

I’ve bought the gin some days ago. It was recemmended by an old Lady at Bridgend Hotel on Islay during we were waiting für the car recovery, because we had a flat tire on our way from the ferry at Past Askaig to our accommodation in Port Ellen. I like this gin. Had two Gin Tonic yesterday evening :wink: .

P.S. The kindly old Lady was working there. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Got the last whisky I bought in my mailbox today

2 Likes

In between Job hunting I’ve been keeping myself occupied with a little model building which I haven’t done for about 40 yrs, thanks to Michelle who gave me a little stocking filler at xmas she has got me glued to this again lol…

This isn’t the one she bought me but one I had forgotten about and has laid up at my brothers for about 35yrs more or less undisturbed.

This is an Airfix 1:72 scale Golden Hind Galleon in which Francis Drake circumnavigate the world in, on his return in 1581 Queen Elizabeth 1 knighted him duely.

I have built a few of these bk then, so it giving me a bit of occupation during the lockdown we are in.

Nearly finished painting all the parts so it will be time for the Assembly soon :anchor: :anchor: :anchor:

6 Likes

That’s great that Rab. Patience of a saint and incredibly steady hands. Show us again when it’s finished! I love galleons.

1 Like

I know I’ve posted a couple of pics of the model above, but I thought this one was quite apt for our Music forum.
Not mine but taken from Fb.

1 Like

Enjoy bulding it!

1 Like

Another 140 score. The maximum 180 still evades me. :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

3 Likes

Finally finished Drake and the Golden Hind sailing off into the Sunset and home after circumnavigating the the Globe.
It’s been a true Love and enjoyment building this kit again after 40yrs, a few delays here and there, but now homeward bound :person_fencing::person_fencing::person_fencing::person_fencing::anchor::anchor::anchor::anchor:

8 Likes

That looks superb Rab! :grin: :+1:

2 Likes