The Last CD You Bought

Nad Sylvan - The Regal Bastard

1 Like

I’m a little disappointed :frowning:

I’ve only listened to it once, but nothing stood out, unlike his first two albums. I’ll definitely give it a chance, but it didn’t grab me.

Haven’t listened to it yet, I was really looking forward to. The two tracks I had heard so far were brilliant.

Don’t let me put you off! The singles released from it were pretty good, but they’re definitely the strongest tracks. I need to sit down with it again. It’s the last album of the trilogy, so I was expecting something standout.

1 Like

Bearing in mind that Andy doesn’t like Prog, then this is a great review!!

1 Like

I’ll listen to it again later! I think that was what made me unsure on first listen. I was expecting more of the same and it isn’t!

1 Like

It’s a grower!

2 Likes

Yes definitely. For some tracks tho it was love at first sight for me!

1 Like

Mr. Big - Mr. Big
Mr. Big - Lean Into It
Mr. Big - Bump Ahead
Mr. Big - Hey Man
Mr. Big - What If …
Mr. Big - … The Stories We Could Tell
Mr. Big - Defying Gravity

Big into Mr. Big at the moment :+1:

1 Like

We didn’t notice :smile:

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s more CDs than I’ve bought in 12 months.

I bought the last 3 (newer releases) and then found the first 4 being sold as a ‘set’ on eBay … they were a bargain! Now just got to find the time to listen to them properly!

I was only thinking before, it should be a given that when you purchase a new cd, you should always get a one-time use code that allows you to download a digital copy. Why should I have to shell out twice for the same album? Surely this would improve sales of the physical copy too, when people purchase knowing they have both options?

^ I agree. Especially because most new laptops now come without CD/DVD drives (I found this out just this past weekend).

I do know that if you purchase CDs off Amazon they include a ‘ripped’ copy. But not always. I have also bought vinyl in recent times and there was a code to get a digital copy included.

I guess it depends on the record label and/or artist.

3 Likes

1 Like

Supersonic Blues Machine - Road Chronicles Live

Fish - Pigpen’s Birthday

5 Likes

God, is that still available?

1 Like

I bought it on eBay.

1 Like