The Last Vinyl Album that you Bought

Straight Outta Caledonia - Jackie Leven

Compilation of a major Scottish talent who went largely unheard of / unrecognised during his lifetime.

2 LP orange vinyl with bonus autographed postcard.

1 Like

20220321_131225

2 Likes

Today’s RSD purchases.

Kirk Hammett EP (vinyl and CD), The Offspring Greatest Hits and Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells II.

3 Likes

2 Likes

That was a constant for me in 1992.

1 Like

I’ve been buying his back catalogue on vinyl over the past year in order of their release. This is #6.

Today’s RSD 2 releases.

Also grabbed a copy of the new album from The Alarm. Released yesterday.

2 Likes

Managed to finally get a copy of this for a decent price. Missed out when it was released as a 2021 RSD exclusive. Only 3500 copies available so prices have started to get stupid!

I wish I paid $34.99 as the sticker shows :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

3 Likes

@SteveE1966 does the double vinyl have all 10 tracks (same as digital format) or just 7 tracks like the standard CD?

Just the 7 tracks.

I believe there was a ‘deluxe’ vinyl package which had 3 discs @ 45rpm which included 2 of the 3 bonus tracks.

Steven Wilson knows exactly how to squeeze the last penny out of his followers.

1 Like

Thanks. I saw the triple vinyl but at $83 it is a bit pricey. Even the deluxe CD is $76. Not sure the additional 2 or 3 tracks are worth the extra cost. I guess I’ll just pick up the standard album.

The 'deluxe digital’ download is still available until June 30th which includes the full album, the instrumentals, and the 3 bonus tracks @ only £4.99.

Thanks for the reminder. Only $6.99 :+1:

I’ll grab the standard vinyl the next time I’m at the record store.

@oxmike @SteveE1966 so what do u think of the PT album??

Honestly I’m probably not the best person to ask as I’m a newbie to their stuff - this is the first record of theirs I have taken the time to listen to. I started listening to it because it seems to be getting a lot of attention and great reviews in the CR/Prog press. Plus the guys here (Steve and Lawrie) have been singing its praises. However, having said that I am really liking it and have listened to it 4 or 5 times in the past week. I like the vibe of the album.

I was gonna ask @SteveE1966 what other records in their back catalogue he would recommend and are similar to this one?

1 Like

I don’t know which album of their back catalog is similar to this one as I’ve not listened to it yet but I would highly recommend “Fear of a blank planet”,“Deadwing” and “In absentia” for a start

1 Like

Pre-ordered the vinyl/CD set.

2 Likes

I would go with what Anthony has said. My starting point listening to Porcupine Tree was the album Signify ( 1996 and reissued 2003 ). Fish, whilst DJing on Radio Forth in Scotland in the 90`s used to play tracks off of this one.

2 Likes