Weltschmerz Album

Couldn’t agree more with Steve and Paul, both of you hit the nail on the head, I think if there is gonna be a final tour it has to be within the next 2 -3 years at very latest or I don’t think he will even contemplate it, heath and age being against him, especially as a final tour I think he would want to do justice by reaching as many fans as he could.
As you both say the covid19 situation is a big concern, and imho its here to stay longterm unless we get a vaccine.
I say this because like many other bacterial diseases or infections like TB, Influenza etc… these are all still with us it’s just that we have vaccines for them now and are usually treated for them early in life.

1 Like

The answers to some of the above-
Touring - Intentions are to tour the album and then a final tour. The final tour may comprise of 2 dates played in favourite cities with different setlists each night. Rab has kinda got it re. the Co-Vid shite affecting all plans going forward though…
Yes, within the deluxe version of the new album the book contains a piece of artwork which closes the circle somewhat. I am glad I spent last night listening to the album and not on here or Facebook as I would have been so disappointed to see that image posted before I had had the chance to see it for myself. ( That is not a dig at you, Rab. :smiley: )
I might be sounding arsey, but for me the music, the lyrics and their themes, the artwork, the whole shebang are something very special which I needed to experience for myself without interruption.
Back in the day we wouldn`t be rushing to the non-existant web to post pictures of the Vigil album cover etc. Furthermore we would have had the pleasure of picking up our treasure at a Record shop ( remember them? ) instead of relying on the endeavour of a “cottage industry.” We have waited something like 4 years for this album, so a week or two more here or there, does it really matter?
Enjoy the album in all its glory when you receive it, whichever package you have chosen. It is indeed something very special.

3 Likes

Somehow yes when a large part of people receive it before you and go heaving about it on internet, FB etc…It makes you more impatient, it’s human.
Also, I know its a family ran business etc etc etc but when you preorder an album aren’t you supposed to receive it on the day of release?
I’ve subscribed to Spotify for a free month just to be able to listen to it on its release day, because yes I couldn’t wait to hear it so I got my fix. :slight_smile:
Btw I’m not the only one here to think like this and have done that. :wink:

2 Likes

I too was getting fed up of the “Ive got my album” posts on Puss Jotter / Facebook and the where is my album type posts. You have had 6 people systematically packaging CD`s and albums by hand day in day out, apart from the weekends I think when there is no pick up by Royal Mail. It would have been physically impossible to meet your expectation of receiving your order last Friday ( 25th ) or earlier given that items began to be sent out earlier than that date, given the size of the operation. Our pre-orders were probably covering some of the financial outlays.
I am not having a go. I am just too chicken to post some of my thoughts for the moaners on Facebook as I would receive a deluge of crap from people I have no loyalty or affiliation to. On here it is a wee bit different. There are only about another 14 people who might respond to what I say and we all kinda know each other. :smiley:

3 Likes

I like this e-mail i just received: “Your parcel has been packaged and is ready to ship. Please find below your tracking number.”

So now I know for sure I can expect it to arrive maybe in the end of next week or the beginning of the second. And that’s fine by me! :smiley:

4 Likes

Can’t login the site to buy the album…and I don’t receive any email when I want to reset it !

Finally had to create a new account…and just ordered the Deluxe and the vinyl editions…it costs an eye !!! (Hope the vinyl won’t be damaged !!!)

1 Like

Something happened last night at work. I started to like Man With A Stick.

4 Likes

They will be sent in separate packages mate. One price for postage I think. :smiley:

1 Like

A small message on the cd’s. I won’t say what it is here as i know some have not received their albums yet and may want to see for themselves.

1 Like

On the cd, or on the case/cover/booklet?

On the disc.

Visually or audibly? I only ask because I thought it might have been a little nod after the final track, but since I’ve been listening to the digital version mostly, there’s nothing.

Visually - this will be such an anti-climax :grin:

1 Like

Wow, I just read this from Fish Facebook:

It just keeps on getting better! ‘Weltschmerz’ has just been voted number 2 album of the year in Classic Rock! I’m absolutely blown away with this and to be up there with the genuine classics and only pipped by the brilliant AC/DC it’s a real honour. It’s not often you get to share the cover with such luminaries and I have to admit feeling quite proud when I saw it in the magazine racks at Tescos yesterday. Yes I bought it

There’s a great interview with Mick Wall in this months mag as well and one of the best write ups I’ve had for ‘Weltschmerz’

Thanks one and all for this. It means a hell of a lot this year.

5 Likes