What Did You 'YouTube' Today?

I can’t stop watching these stupid first listen reaction videos, mostly to Genesis tracks. I think these two had an epiphany! Amazes me how little many of these people (mostly Americans it has to be said) know about Genesis besides their last few hits and the fact that Phil Collins who ‘sings Disney songs’ was in it. Pleased though that every reaction video I’ve watched has been hugely positive, which just goes to show that whatever preconceived notion of Genesis you have, you can be completely won over by sheer class and musicianship!

2 Likes
1 Like

:laughing:

Enjoy the weekend, everybody !

2 Likes

Nad’s new single, out today. Album July 5. The Regal Bastard.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

It amazes me that as of 2016, Peter Gabriel hadn’t performed any Genesis material for 34 years. I know his range has obviously changed, but I’d love to hear what he would do with some of the old stuff now.

2 Likes
1 Like

Was this on Recital Of The Script? I honestly don’t remember them playing Grendel.

…Shit, the video won’t play! :frowning_face:

Won’t post them all here, but I’ve been really interested to watch all the Genesis album ‘making of’ interviews the band gave, when the albums were being reissued/remastered in 2007. Really informative. Interesting to note that some of the fan favourites, that we still regard as the classic Genesis tracks, Banks and Rutherford in particular still aren’t particularly satisfied with, or even like!

Some of the vids are 30+ minutes long, so go into quite a bit of depth on album production and composition.

3 Likes
1 Like

A bit Riff Raff’ish the beginning of this song IMO. :smile:

I have listened to more than Magnum in the last two weeks, honest. From their Wings Of Heaven album one of my favourite tracks of theirs. My sister bought me the Wings Of Heaven album for my 18th birthday. I still have the vinyl copy. Bought again this week on CD for the car.:smiley:

1 Like