Fish tour date Wolverhampton

This just popped up on my fb feed today - I guess more dates are incoming , the venue has got eager to announce before the Big Man :grin:

1 Like

Hung out with a couple of guys from Wolverhampton area at the last Marillion weekend, who invited us up if the opportunity arose.

Looks like a plan :wink:

1 Like

Thatā€™s on my fucking birthday !!!

1 Like
1 Like

So are you coming up to the Wolves gig Steve ?

No, think iā€™m giving the whole tour a miss, not even Cardiff which is the easiest option.

I canā€™t do Wolverhampton either this time around :cry: Iā€™ll be in Malta :beer::beer: so itā€™ll be the 2021 final tour for me

Any reason why ?

Just trying/needing to cut back on things.

Iā€™ve been working 4 day weeks for the past 18 months and as much as iā€™m loving the shorter working week and extended weekends, it is making things tighter financially.

Also had a ā€˜bigā€™ holiday last summer and spent more than iā€™d ever think of on a holiday, considering what we normally spend when going away, so still paying back on credit cards.

So iā€™m making the effort to cut back on purchases (cdā€™s, gigs, football, hi-fi), though still going mad on a Thursday playing poolšŸ˜.

The strange thing is (and especially as all of the fantastic Vigil is being played), i donā€™t feel that disappointed at missing out this time around.

If i hadnā€™t waited so long (and missed out on a ticket) i would definately have made the Edinburgh gig, as that would have been a special trip and was really excited about meeting the forum members, but for a gig just up the road in Cardiff i just canā€™t be arsed.

3 Likes

I can relate to that. Money is tighter, but Iā€™m happier working 4. This Edinburgh gig will probably be the last for me, unless he comes to a very local venue.

Cutting back on a lot of purchases and frivolous things, so I can get in some nice short breaks away this year. Itā€™s all about experiences and not possessions.

Steve, if you can get yourself to Dundee I will put you up / feed you and you can have my spare ticket for Aberdeen on March 13th. Cost would be transport from home to Dundee and back plus some beer vouchers.

3 Likes

Same goes for anyone else. Although no fighting over the ticket and Steve has first dibs on it as I have offered him.

1 Like

Thanks for your generous offer but iā€™ll probably be queuing at my local ā€˜soup kitchenā€™ that day :joy:.

I appreciate your gesture but will decline, thank you. :+1:

1 Like

No problem, Steve. We can do soup though.:wink: The irony of the thing is I mixed up my dates when booking tickets for Aberdeen gig, forgetting about it being a Wales v Scotland rugby weekend. I will not be in the Valleys for the first time in nearly 25 years.