Genesis set to Reunite (sort of)

http://prog.teamrock.com/news/2014-09-25/genesis-reveal-documentary-date

:sunglasses:

Genesis appeared on Radio 2 with Sara Cox this morning.

Haven’t had a chance to listen to the show yet - but you can listen here

The documentary was transmitted last night so here’s a few links for you all:

Genesis docunentary

Top of the Pops: Genesis

The One Show

Hmm, just watched the documentary and didn’t think there was that much new from the one that was done around ‘89 tbh- in some ways I preferred that one. Hackett was marginalised throughout , and his solo works or Ant Phillips’ didn’t get a mention, neither did the Ray Wilson experiment . This was more a selective history as seen by Banks/Collins/Rutherford than the definitive account I’d hoped for.

I haven’t had the chance to watch it yet, but from what I have heard already I knew that it would only focus on the 5 main guys. A shame.

Interestingly, Phil did say on the radio (linked above) that he wasn’t happy about the balance. I guess that the programme makers have decided that more Phil Collins makes the documentary more accessible.

They completely skipped talking about my favourite album. Not impressed!

The rest of the docu’ was enjoyable, although it didn’t reveal or touch upon anything I didn’t already know. - The best thing was just seeing them all sat together and seemingly enjoying each other’s company!

I don’t think that Black Lace should be included in a Genesis docunentary anyway…

2 Likes