New Member Saying Hello

Apologies if there is a particular place for ‘Member Hello’ posts - I couldn’t find one!

I’m a long-time Fish and Fish-era Marillion fan, though I came to it all a few years after Fish went solo. I originally came to early Marillion via a friend with whom I traded Pink Floyd live tapes. He turned me onto the classics, and Fish’s ‘Vigil’ album.

Fish is one of the finest lyricists ever in my opinion, Script is probably the most incredible onening track on a debut album ever. I find The Web incredible, all the more remarkable for Fish’s youth at the time. I particularly like how it developed from the ‘Closer’ prototype demo to the first album.

One of my prized possessions is an original copy of the ‘Roxon Demos’ tape.

In terms of solo stuff ‘A Gentleman’s Excuse Me’ is my favourite, appealing to my romantic side. Classic Fish. ‘Family Business’ is also an incredible song.

I have my tickets for Bristol this December. My first seeing Fish after 25 years of fandom. I don’t get out much!

Hope to spend some time here now I’ve broken the ice. Slainte!

6 Likes

Hi Nick
Welcome to the Company :slight_smile:

Hi Nick,

Welcome and enjoy the forum and the Company for all things Fishy :wink: :slight_smile:

Welcome and a +1 to the Bristol gig.

Welcome Nick! Make yourself at home! :wink: :grin:

welcome around here Nick:a very nice place with very nice people :wink:

:sunglasses:

Welcome to the circus!

Welcome. Enjoy the gig in December. :smile:

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the warm welcome. Obviously got a good bunch of guys here :smiley: