Pink Floyd to release new album "The Endless River" in October 2014

I love the cover artwork :blush:

just quote:

"Pink Floyd album The Endless River has become the most pre-ordered Amazon title of 2014 ā€“ and itā€™s on course to take the all-time record.

The bandā€™s first release since 1993ā€™s The Division Bell is a tribute to late keyboardist Rick Wright and itā€™ll be launched on November 10. Thereā€™s still time for it to overtake One Direction, Robbie Williams and Take That in the retailerā€™s historical chart.

Meanwhile, frontman David Gilmour has admitted wife Polly Samsonā€™s lyrics for Louder Than Words ā€“ the final track on what he says will be their final album ā€“ addresses the dysfunction that plagued the band throughout their career.

He tells Absolute Radio: ā€œSheā€™s describing the slightly dysfunctional human relationships that we have within Pink Floyd and how a lot of the time we donā€™t communicate that well. Weā€™re not that good at talking to each other ā€“ but when we play our instruments together, thereā€™s a communication that speaks louder than words.ā€"

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Havenā€™t pre-ordered Endless River. I want to hear it before I grab it.

I love what Gilmour says about communication. I think that we can all be guilty of being bad at communicating well with other people sometimes - but the idea that they all suddenly gel when they play together - wonderful.

Well on first listens, if you like Pink Floyd youā€™ll like this, although itā€™s mainly instrumental with the exception of a few spoken pieces and the last song on the album (see the "What did you Youtube today thread) it flows beautifully .
I can imagine some people wonā€™t agree, but if youā€™re in the right frame of mind, Iā€™d recommend listening to it - in a darkened room, candles on and a nice bottle of vino and you wonā€™t go far wrong . :wink::wine_glass::wine_glass:7/10

Iā€™d need this right now while Iā€™m having a hot bath then!

For once Iā€™m not in a hurry to listen to a new album. Donā€™t feel very excited, just a little bit.
Iā€™ll give it a try later, eventually.

Planned to buy the cd/bluray on release but due to a lack of funds itā€™s gone onto my xmas wish list.

1 Like

A good plan >;-) !

Iā€™ve had a bit of a shit week so the wife surprised me today with the cd/bluray edition.

5 Likes

Whatā€™s the verdict on this then? Is it worth purchasing, or does it actually feel like an album of rejected Division Bell material?

Yes on both counts Paul, for me I like to play it as not so much a concentrated listen but as a sort of background music when Iā€™m busy doing other things if you understand .
Its also nice to chill out and unwind, especially driving home in the dark after a stressful day at work :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably buy it then if it relieves a bit of tension after work. Still think itā€™s a bit sad that weā€™re talking about Floyd as being background music.

2 Likes

Itā€™s just a shame there isnā€™t a few more tracks with vocals, Iā€™ve never really been a big fan of instrumentals :confused:

3 Likes