Some gigs coming up

Ron Sexsmith on Saturday, in Manchester.

7 Likes

Go and have a good night out mate. :smiley:

1 Like

I put a like on this post. Nothing to do with Ron Sexsmith as i’ve never heard a single song by him, but just glad that live music is available again and that we are getting out there and supporting artists.

There’s nothing quite like a live band.

5 Likes

Too right. Unless you’re a big name that can live off royalties. Artists have not half taken a beating over the last few years. Not to mention all the roadies and technicians.

1 Like

I was doubtful and cynical after watching some pre-gig rehearsal footage, but I absolutely get why they’re doing it now. It’s for the fans. Heard only good things from people who have been to gigs. Fans getting genuinely emotional. I suppose you have to be there and it’s something you can never feel from watching video clips on YouTube.

I forget his name. A drummer from one of the big metal bands being interviewed on YouTube said it was the only time he’s cried at a gig, and some of that was to do with the father/son relationship between Phil and Nic, and seeing how similar Nic’s drumming style is to his dad’s.

1 Like

It was the drummer from Anthrax, just read the interview. Yes absolutely what you said Paul. It’ll be a huge cocktail of emotions, besides my love for this band, and with all that’s going on at the moment, the two years we’ve just come out of, etc.

1 Like

I was just reminded last night by my son that we are going to see Biffy Clyro on Monday. They are playing what should have been an album launch gig in Dundee, postponed cause of the Feechy Touch ( Feechy Touch = touched by a virus / infection ). :smiley:

This will be my first music concert since January 2020. Tad nervous tbh.

4 Likes

Jealous!!! They come nowhere near me as usual!!!

1 Like

Pity Glasgow isn’t at the weekend !!!

Might do Stoke for my birthday?

1 Like

I’m on holiday for all but the last 3 dates so think that this time around i’ll be giving it a miss.

1 Like

Looks like a great venue that one :slight_smile:

1 Like

For sure. Definitely my favourite place to go for concerts. Nothing comes close (in my local area) in my opinion. I think it is consistently one of the highest attended venues in the US, purely because of the number of top bands that like to play there.

1 Like

When hardly any bands come and play in Nice…it would be rude not to :grin: :scorpion::scorpion::scorpion:

5 Likes

I would love to see the Scorpions but have never had the chance.

1 Like

Saw them just once - Monsters Of Rock, Donington, 1986 and they were fantastic.

2 Likes

I’ve seen Scorpions twice: first 1983 and then right after that in 2014. :grin: Both were great but of course the first one was special because of me being 17 years old. :metal:

4 Likes

Was that the Blackout tour Lauri ? First time that I ever saw them absolutely brilliant.
They have always been great whenever I’ve seen them .

Yes Andy, Blackout had come out a bit earlier. The gig was at a rock festival in Oulu.

1 Like