Some gigs coming up

Hothouse Flowers at Aberdeen Lemon Tree tonight.

2 Likes

Bought my ticket today.

3 Likes

Midge Ure on Thursday at Symphony Hall

1 Like

Steve Earle - Edinburgh Queens Hall on Sunday 11thy June

1 Like

Some new Marillion dates

Christ, are they running out of names for these tours?

1 Like

Bought my London ticket this morning.

3 Likes

Its a great venue that Steve, I wont be going myself this time round , I think they have exhausted the touring of this album ! . . .

Been there once before to see Feeder - really good venue, and Camden in general is good for a few drinks.

I believe (and hope) that they’ll be mixing up the set list a bit for these shows.

Peter Gabriel in Glasgow on Thursday 22nd June.

I really hope this is everything I hope it will be. The new stuff ( bulk of the set ) is magic.

1 Like

The below was posted by someone on marillion.com forum who saw PG last night. Sounds as though you will enjoy.

"Well that a very special night. I’m not sure any artist has the right to be that good in his 7th decade.

Gabriel’s show tonight managed to be both intimate and human and spectacular. Those who wondered about ticket sales might be surprised to know that the arena appeared to be full give or take the occasional seat and best of all we had an audience that actually sat and listened. They didn’t flood in and out to the toilet or bar and they by and large didn’t talk throughout the show, this despite the quantity of new material. The latter by the way was very strong. I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed new material so much and the album, when it eventually comes out, looks set to rank amongst his very best. His band was fantastic with special shout out to the woman playing cello and also singing, (she did a great job on Don’t Give Up), and the addition of cello, violin, trumpet and assorted other instruments gave even the old songs a new breath of life.

I’ve seen Gabriel a number of times but much to my surprise this might have been the best yet. I ‘only’ paid £63 per ticket but it would easily have been worth more."

3 Likes

£63 per ticket? Treble that and a wee bit more. I am like a dog with two dicks in anticipation of Thursday in Glasgow.

Thanks for that image

1 Like

Woof, woof! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PG on Thursday
Maiden on Monday
Buns n Toasties on Tuesday (under duress, my 16 year old loves them)
The National in Sep
Polly Harvey in Sep
Aussie PF in Nov - right between both Marillion shows

Porcupine Tree - next week

Aussie Pink Floyd - October

Marillion - November

So how was it ?

On marillion.com forum, various posters at different gigs all seem to have nothing but good things to say about the show.

Hi Steve,
I can honestly say that last night was one of the best gig experiences of my life. Obviously I knew the material, but didn`t know what to expect in terms of show / performance. You know when you hear / see something and it hits you or connects with you? New tracks like I/O and Playing for Time had me holding back tears. The songs that we heard as kids / teenagers like Solsbury Hill, Dont Give Up, In Your Eyes, Red Rain etc. were all I hoped they would be.
Manu Katche, Tony Levin and David Rhodes were only names I had read from album sleeves of years gone by and then last night there they were in front of me. Every musician on the stage put in a jaw dropping performance. This combined with the staging, projections etc. made for an absolutely outstanding show. I cannot wait for the I/O album to be released. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

My daughter had a spare ticket,
So it will be M83 this evening in Lille.

Hurry up, Marie !

1 Like