The best live albums

this thread was in the old forum but just to remind :wink:

for me:(in no particular order and not from Marillion)

PINK FLOYD - pulse
QUEEN - live at wembley 86’
INXS - live baby live
AC/DC - live
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN and the E street Band - live in NY city

to be continued probably

as For Marillion:

MARILLION - real to reel
MARILLION - live at lorelei
MARILLION - somewhere in london
MARILLION - made again
MARILLION - anorak in the UK

:sunglasses:

For me, the hands-down best live album for capturing the atmosphere and emotion of the live experience (Five Years still sends shivers down my spine) is Sushi.

1 Like

Live After Death - Iron Maiden

1 Like

FISH - return to childhood

1 Like

Fish - Communion

2 Likes

how can I forgot this one :confused: :blush:

Most of my favourites are Big Country albums. They were so much better live.

• ‘Without The Aid Of A Safety Net’, ‘Live At Barrowlands’, ‘Town And Country’ to name a few.

Another favourite of mine is Humble Pie’s ‘Rockin The Fillmore’. Man, they could kick-ass with that bluesy-rock!

1 Like

The Final Fling is a great album. I was at that gig too.

1 Like

Marillion - Real to reel (my claim to fame)

2 Likes

“Leicester De Montfort. It takes you out there and us up here. This is where we really go for it…I wage peace signs when I wage war in the discos. I`m the warrior in the ultra-violet haze.”

Or something like that. :smile:

1 Like

" Armed with anti-social insecurities. I burn my path of destiny from this stage. The balcony…" :stuck_out_tongue:

Fish released a live cd from The Robin 2. Naturally it’s the best live album; I was there.

Steve Marriott - Packet Of Three

…You can feel the atmosphere, smell the smoke and taste the beer. A great showman.

ANATHEMA - universal :+1:

2 Likes

When i was younger (a long time ago) i had a few vinyls which at the time were my favourites :-

Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East

AC/DC - If You Want Blood

Rush - Exit Stage Left

Have never bought the cd’s to replace them so just a distant memory.

3 Likes

The ‘Reading Festival’ cd from Marillion Early Stages Official Bootleg boxset.

4 Likes

Definitely this one…

2 Likes

Marillion - La Gaza Ladra. What can I say? My first live Marillion tour. I dressed as the Jester for the SF Warfield and San Jose Cabaret shows.

Queen - Live Killers. “39” still brings a tear to my eye.
Jethro Tull - Bursting Out. Ian’s banter between songs is as entertaining as the music.
Rush - Exit Stage Left. Totally captures the 70’s Rush experience.
Yes - Yessongs. I wish I had been exposed to Yes back in the day. I didn’t get to see them until '84
Genesis - Seconds Out. Yeah, its Phil singing, but my God: Supper’s Ready sounds amaziballs.
Peter Gabriel - Plays Live. All I can say is: Tony Levin.
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Just Another Band From LA. Because: “Billy The Mountain”.
Marillion - Marbles Live. A masterwork album impeccably performed.

I could go on and on…

PT - anesthetize
PT - octane twisted

If you went to any of the Peter Gabriel shows last year you could buy a CD of that show (taken from the mixing desk) from his web site. I bought the Birmingham Show (as I was there!) and would highly recommend it to anyone who’s a PG fan.

1 Like