What are you listening to (3)?

Have you seen that Dream Theater are playing the O2 in London ,?

Yeah hopefully I’ll be going, wasn’t gonna bother again cus the singing live is very poor now but with Portnoy back in the picture I’d regret it if I didn’t tbh.

Taylor Swift - Folklore

Well I’ll not be going down the TS rabbit hole. From a recommendation elsewhere I thought I’d give this album a try but found it incredibly dull.

On the evidence of this, I’m unsure how she is so popular to sell out arenas all over the world ?

Mike, as the forums sole Swifty, can you help me ?

I think it’s just that she is a very talented songwriter and has a great voice. Her music is extremely catchy and she writes great pop songs. She has built up a strong connection with her fan base and I think she works damn hard for her success. Her shows are phenomenal.

Folklore and Evermore took me a few listens, being so different from the out and out pop that came before. But both rank high in my favorite albums from her catalogue. The song ‘the last great American dynasty’ on Folklore is one of my favorites of hers.

Both the Reputation and 1989 albums are remarkable pop albums. But if you really don’t like her style, you could try listening to 1989 by Ryan Adams. He recorded the entire album track by track.

If that doesn’t convince you, Steven Wilson is a big fan of her music :wink:

3 Likes

Kate Bush - The Kick Inside

4 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Soup - Visions

2 Likes

Bright Eyes - Fevers And Mirrors

James Dean Bradfield - Even In Exile

2 Likes

1 Like

Arena - The Theory of Molecular Inheritance

I remember many years ago listening to The Visitor (a fan favourite maybe ???) and not being very impressed. Can’t quite remember why, think maybe the vocals didn’t do it for me. As a result, I’ve not really bothered with anything else they’ve released.

However, this album is really good.

Perhaps I’ll return to The Visitor and their back catalogue to see what I’ve been missing.

4 Likes

The Damian Wilson difference? :wink: I bought TTOMI having never listened to any previous Arena album purely because he is on vocals.

1 Like

1 Like

Manic Street Preachers - Lifeblood

1 Like