Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you all.:smile:

6 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all :santa::santa:

6 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all :grinning:
Hope you all had a great Christmas eve.
Here that’s when we usually open our pressies
Another Christmas dinner with the family for lunch today. I feel stuffed already!!
I Love youuuu all anyway :christmas_tree::gift::fireworks:

6 Likes

That’s weird. I was just going to post something, asking if there were any different traditions in France/Germany/Finland etc.

Enjoyed a meal out with my brothers and dad last night. Was originally meant to be going for an Indian, but since my dad doesn’t like spicy food we opted for a Chinese place. Pleased we did. Was very nice.

We don’t give many presents in our family anymore, except to the kids. Just a few token gestures really, although I did get a nice big bag of gifts from friends, since we started to give each other ‘jokey’ things and that developed into actual ‘proper presents’.

Will be a different kind of Christmas Day for me, as we are going over to the home to give mum her Christmas dinner at 12, and we will probably end up helping some of the other residents to eat theirs, since I doubt there will be a full crew of staff on. I really don’t mind sparing an hour of my time helping an old person with dementia experience Christmas.

Will then go back to mine for Christmas dinner with dad before my younger brother and his family come for an evening buffet and drinks. Hoping he doesn’t bring his pugalier puppy this time. Don’t fancy scrubbing urine out of the carpet again.

Have a great Christmas Day everyone! Season’s Greetings x

7 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all x

4 Likes

When we were kids we’d always open our pressies around midnight, I think that’s also how it’s being done in Germany, maybe Ulli can confirm.
When my sister got married they started doing it on Christmas day morning like in her husband’s family. But I managed to negociate for last night :wink:. Always found it more “magical” with all the Christmas lights on.

Christmas Eve dinner is more important than the one on Christmas Day lunch.

And we don’t have Boxing day in France :blush:

6 Likes

Once again merry Christmas to you all dear folks…here is my new ring(the one with skull heads)…not very Christmas spirit but love it :laughing:

:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Loving the beard bauble!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!

We give and get gifts on Christmas Eve and today we just basically relax and eat well. Ours kids visited us last night with my daughter’s dogs. Very nice evening. Of course the religious ones went to Christmas church this morning. We aren’t, but me and my wife are at the moment watching Urbi et orbi from Vatican on TV.

6 Likes

So basically, the rest of the known world opens gifts on Christmas Eve, but the U.K does it on the morning because we’re all getting rat-arsed on Christmas Eve.

4 Likes

My mum was with us, and she had the surprise (I was aware) when someone rang at the door : my niece from Brittany, her husband and 4 children (Paul, their dog stayed at home :smile:)
Happy Christmas.

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to everyone wishing you all the Health and happiness for you and your Families from myself and Michelle.
:santa: :santa:

5 Likes

I thought to share you three old band related Christmas cards. One from Nazareth and two from D-A-D. :blush:

4 Likes

Can this thread be deleted? :frowning_face:

Why Paul?..

1 Like

Maybe because Santa has announced he’s about to cancel his whole 2020 tour…

1 Like

Or should we change the title in “Merry Christmask” ?

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:…

post moved in another thread

Yeah why ?