Some gigs coming up

Tickets for gigs in the UK are so less expensive than in France.

1 Like

That’s because it’s a Shooglenifty gig and not U2.

Though i’m sure (even though i’ve never heard them), that i’d enjoy the former over U2 in some massive arena.

Even so! For having lived in England I can assure you.

1 Like

Skindred & Crossfaith tonight at the Institute Birmingham.

Peter Gabriel: Plans for live shows in 2016?

I hope so :slight_smile: !

They are a fantastic band. Try the albums, “Solar Shears,” “The Arms Dealers Daughter,” or “Troots.” Describe themselves as “Acid Croft.” Figure that out as a genre. Mainly instrumental. There most recent album, “The Untied Knot” has some vocals in Gaelic. While you might not understand the vocal this doesn`t detract from the music. :smile:

On the subject of gigs and tickets. £124.75 for ELO. To quote Brother 52, " I don`t think so!"

3 Likes

Is the hotel room and champagne/caviar lunch included in that price?!

4 Likes

Same here Lawrie, just saw the ticket prices, £56 per head and upwards to £102 and that’s not even the VIP package deal, they can F*** right off with that, what world are they all living in.

1 Like

That’s a snitch for you, the money you’re on!

125 quid is expensive.
My point is that in the UK you can go to lots of gigs for less than 20 or even 30 quid.

2 Likes

Your forgetting, I am a Tightfisted Scottish… :wink:

So £16.75 for two tickets. An album, a T-shirt and a meet and greet was £20.00. £36.75 all in for a night of stellar entertainment.

Marilyn Manson & Krokodil @ Wolverhampton Civic Hall this evening :wink:

1 Like

StillMarillion tonight at the Robin2 Bilston (Fancied a bit of Misplaced Childhood live) its only a tenner . It’ll be a nice build up to the real thing with Fish in a fortnight.
Meeting ChrisD from the old forum 4 a beer :wink::smiley:

4 Likes

Often wondered how he and PF are doing. He rivalled you on those game threads. :wink:

2 Likes

He’s fit and well, got to meet his son as well last night, lovely lady who likes his Stella !!! :beers::wink:
Chris says hi to everyone and hopes if not at Fish’s London gig to meet up at next year’s Convention ??
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the band, it isn’t Fish I know, but was great to hear some of the old stuff again - Incubus, Script, Fugazi, Misplaced Childhood were the highlights and it was great to hear Lady Nina :smiley:
Roll on the Fish gigs in a few weeks I’m really looking forward to those.

1 Like

Also at the Robin2 last night for StillMarillion. Top gig, brought back many happy memories and a more than decent crowd for a cold Sunday night. Thought that the band played really well, Martin doesn’t try and replicate Fish exactly but pays due homage.

1 Like

I saw Jackson Browne there, drinks very expensive

A Thrashy evening tonight seeing Slayer, Anthrax & Kvelertak @ The O2 Academy in Birmingham :smiley:

1 Like