Some gigs coming up

Saturday - The Sisters Of Mercy, Albert Hall, Manchester
Tuesday - Twin Atlantic (at my daughter’s request), Manchester Academy 2
28th March - Fish
4th May - The Lone Bellow, Boardwalk, Manchester
17th May - Peaness, Sneaky Pete’s, Edinburgh
21st - 24th May - Frank Turner, et al., Lost Evening IV, Berlin Arena
18th October - StillMarillion - Voodoo Rooms, Edinburgh (probably)

2 Likes

Taking the piss . . .

4 Likes

Can’t say I’m surprised. I’d be more interested if Gabriel and Hackett were involved, but even then it would kind of be for novelty value.

I love Genesis, but I can’t help but be cynical. In 2007 they were still firing on all cylinders, in terms of live performance. Not sure about these days.

Aye would have been interested and might have went too but defo not at those prices.

Cheeky robbing bastards.

And Phil Collins isn’t even going to play the drums.

And since they’re apparently going to focus on the 80’s stuff, it’s a big no from me!

Anathema tomorrow night at the Palladium :smiley: :partying_face: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Where are you? You left yet?

I’m at work. I’m flying tomorrow morning :blush: Be in London for noon.

2 Likes

28th March - Fish - Edinburgh at The Queens Hall
17th April - Genesis Revisited - Steve Hackett Band meets the Wuppertal Symphony Orchestra and the Wuppertal Opera Choir - Wuppertal at Historic City Hall
18th October - Elton John - Berlin at Mercedes Benz Arena
12th December - Genesis - Glasgow at The SSE Hydro
13th December - Lonely Robot - London at Islington Assembly Hall
… to be continued

3 Likes

I am starting to wonder how many tours will be cancelled/postponed because of coronavirus. Sons of Apollo have pulled the plug on theirs, who’s next?

1 Like

Managed to get myself a ticket for Fish in Holmfirth tomorrow, looks a lovely place (Last Of The Summer Wine was filmed there), and luckily for me its less than a 2 hr drive for me. :+1:

2 Likes

Lucky you mate. Show is brilliant. The band are on it.

Just been notified its been cancelled. Oh well sure London will get their gigs cus its fuckin London. . .

1 Like

Was just going to say how nice Holmfirth is - relatives live in Yorkshire so visited recently.

And then saw that it’s cancelled. Gutted for you Andy.

Just disappointed, As will alot of people be.
It was a last minute decision because I honestly thought the plug would be pulled by the government this coming week and just wanted to see Fish before the inevitable.
It does look a beautiful place having done some research yesterday, and will keep my ticket and visit later in the year when hopefully this fuckin shitstorm has blown over. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

The Quireboys just got cancelled … so after 30 years of waiting … I still won’t get to see them!

Also learnt today that my next concert after The Quireboys is also postponed … Elton John in May is now going to be rescheduled to a later date … sometime in 2021.

Ah well :pensive:

Can see the Quireboys postponing here too for the May gigs - next proper one for me looks like being Wasp in October - the small local venues are being defiant at the moment but that’s because until Boris officially closes pubs and clubs ,they can’t afford to shut

1 Like

Sadly I think this particular section of the Forum is going to be mothballed for a while. :frowning:

8 Likes