Steven Wilson - To The Bone

Was hoping my album would turn up this morning (i’ve had a ‘dispatched’ email) but nothing waiting for me when i got home.

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

So I really like some SW solo and PT, but not really an artist I rush out and buy straight away. - Is this new album better or as good as his last one?

Hand Cannot Erase I liked but that is his first solo stuff I actually have enjoyed.

I don’t think so…this new album is very pop style…I like it less than his previous one (a masterpiece ihmo and one of my favorite albums of all time)…I feel like I hear a Blackfield album with this new one;not bad but not as powerful as his last albums

1 Like

His last one was very powerful, I agree.

1 Like

I also enjoyed the last album more. However go and buy it as it will float your boat. You like a hook, you like melody, you like decent lyrics, the best production qualities around. 4 Chords That Made A Million with polish / or Trains sanded down? You decide. You might even like Permanating enough to get out your high heels, spandex and glittery shirt.:smile:

1 Like

I will buy it eventually! Just curious how it stacked up to his last.

(P.s - No glittery spandex till I get it back off Rab)

2 Likes

What’s Steve thinking ? As good a judge as anyone :wink:

He hasn’t had it as long as you! :wink: :laughing:

I like it. I’m not feeling the urge to continuously play it in the same way i did with Hand Cannot Erase but following that album was always going to be tough. It’s certainly not the ‘pop’ nightmare it could have been (and was rumoured to be - i think SW over-egged the pop thing purely to court controversy). There are lighter moments on it but i see these songs as more Blackfield than ABBA.

It’s a thumbs up from me - though i am a bit biased when it comes to all things SW.

2 Likes
1 Like

Steven Wilson interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning.

Clip is on his Facebook page.

To The Bone charts at number 3.

Ed Sheeran keeps the top spot.