The last gig you went to

Fish at Queens Hall Edinburgh 22/09/18.:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

8 Likes

Take it you enjoyed it then?

It was very good once they sorted the sound issues out, which wasn’t until about 4 or 5 songs in. I don’t think it’s much of a spoiler to reveal that the set is now solely comprised of songs from CAS and Weltschmerz; of the new songs, I particularly enjoyed β€˜Waverley Steps’.
Doris Brendel seems to be settling into her backing singer role quite nicely.
We had a proper rendition of β€˜Gizza Bun’, which I’ve not experienced for many years.
A very good opening-night-of-the-tour gig in general, and nice that it was sold out.
Almost literally bumped into Lawrie on my way into the venue, so it was nice to say brief β€˜hellos’.

3 Likes

Good to bump into you Mik, if brief. Agree re. early sound issues, great night overall.

What was the new song like thats not on the EP?

Don’t want to spoil the surprise.:wink:

1 Like

Any support?

1 Like

Doris Brendel

2 Likes

Any good? I’ve got a DB album and don’t really think that much of it. :frowning:

Don’t know that I would buy her albums, but a decent live band.

Great night Fish’s voice was the best it’s been in years, was good to catch up with Andy properly as well!

7 Likes

Great gig, Fish is in top form, good to meet you Ian a more in depth review tomorrow.
Nite peeps :wink:

5 Likes

Fish Lemmers review

4 Likes

Great review!

I’m able to compare the Liverpool and the Leamington gig. The Liverpool gig. Too much heat in front to the stage. Fish was wearing a t-shirt than instead his tour shirt :wink: . The audience was better in Liverpool. Sing along as you know :wink: . But a lot of talking in the audience, which Fish dosn’t like (He was talking about it in Leamington). The sound in Liverpool was not so good. β€œWhite Russian” was horrible! I have no idea why! The sound in Leamington was better. Also β€œWhite Russian”. If the band and the sound grow during the tour, it would be great to hear them later the year (London 8th December maybe).

Four new songs. One of them ist more to sit down in your armchair, take a glas of red wine, and listen to the music and the lyrics. β€œWaverly Steps” could grew during the tour. The other ones worked well.

7 Likes

Rob Brydon, last night in Swansea.

3 Likes

Dan Reed Network

Knowking virtually nothing of his work I didn’t know what to expect; really enjoyed it!

2 Likes

I saw him and the network on tour last year, a band with brilliant musicians that still have it live .

Saw Dan Reed supporting Bon Jovi in Wembley Arena, 1990, and very good he was too. I’ve got a couple of the earlier albums but not heard any recent output.

Slayer, Lamb Of God, Anthrax and Obituary on Monday. Only now posting this as i lost my phone in the gig (or maybe pickpocketed as loads of people looking for β€˜lost’ phones at end of the night).

More hell fire and virgin sacrifice than you could shake an inverted cross at.

5 Likes