Favourite Song Of The Week!

Self explanatory, like album of the week! For me, there’s always one song that stands out. One I can’t stop playing (or singing!)

This week’s has to be…

Hurricane Elaine - Ian McNabb

…reworked from the original acoustic version on his Little Episodes album, and inserted onto his new CD in kick-ass Rock form. Love it! :grin: :thumbsup:

3 Likes

gaza - Marillion

:sunglasses:

Great Track Paul.

1 Like

defense mechanism - Gazpacho

Without a doubt…

Marillion - Jigsaw

Always been one of my favourites, but it’s been quite a while since I’ve played Fugazi so much. Such a dark album, but for me this track shines out. Simply beautiful.

1 Like

here is what I wrote on the old forum about “fugazi”:my mind hasn’t changed about it

“FUGAZI is what I call a black diamond…deep,dark and powerful:the lyrics in this album are intense;
the whole album reminds me of Baudelaire in its atmosphere:voluptuous but sometimes a bit thrilling(worrying or uncanny):in the end,a unique and stunning album” :wink:

1 Like

Perfect description! it’s possibly the hardest Marillion album and not the first one I’d recommend to a newcomer. Claustrophobic and threatening, but incredibly powerful.

1 Like

that’s exactly the right words!

woman in chains - Tears For Fears

Winter Song - Crash Test Dummies

1 Like

fight the power - Public Enemy

Barricades Of Heaven - Jackson Browne

anathema - Anathema

Credo - Fish

Ariel - Anathema

Deliverance - Opeth (takes a while to get there but the last 4 minutes are epic).

1 Like

My favourite Opeths song - Epic :wink:

Standing In The Breach - Jackson Browne

1 Like

Motley Crue - Wildside

Jackson Browne - Walls And Doors